Complaint Review: Damark, Provell

• Submitted: Tue, October 29, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, October 29, 2002

• Reported By:Sunnyvale CA
Damark, Provell
http://www.damark.com Junction City, Kansas U.S.A.

Damark, Provell ripoff fraud scam Junction City Kansas

They are a ripoff fraud business that has victimized many consumers with their dishonest thievery .....

Irecently discovered that my checking account was severely overdrawn due to an unauthorized charge from Damark Rewards. These people did not give me any service or advance notice that they would charge this money. In fact, until I saw the charge, I never even heard of them.

Since I have been unemployed for several months, my account balance has been low and I've been so careful to budget for exactly what I need to pay. The charge resulted in nearly $75 in overdraft fees, not to mention I lost access of $104.99 of my own money until I can get this resolved and refunded. I need every penny I get these days, I cannot afford to be out this money for even a day.

When I phoned them to find out how this happened, apparently they got my debit card information because I purchased something off a television advertisement back in February. I distinctly remember making this purchase and I recall that they tried to sell me other "packages", all of which I adamantly declined.

Nevertheless, they charged me the money and they do this to a lot of people, just hoping that they won't notice the amount or even fight it. These people must be stopped.

I'm filing reports with the Attorney General in both Minnesota and Kansas where Damark / Provell operates. I'll also file complaints with the BBB and Chamber of Commerce in both areas. In addition, I'm looking into how to join the current class action law suits against Damark / Provell.

Elisabeth
Sunnyvale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2002 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Damark-Provell/Junction-City-Kansas-66441/Damark-Provell-ripoff-fraud-scam-Junction-City-Kansas-33783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Damark, Provell