Complaint Review: Dan Keen Horsemanship

Dan Keen Horsemanship
Round rock, Texas United States of America

Dan Keen Horsemanship Dishonest, over bills, abusive Round rock, Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Hmmm

*Author of original report: Original report

Sent a very nice warmblood to Dan for a month. Near the end of the month I went to ride him and see how he was doing. I was horrified.

Horse had lost 200plus pounds, had horrible scratches and was very beat up - not to mention lame. I rode him a bit, and Dan never came out to the arena, yet he charged me $100 for a 'lesson'. Dan also took it upon himself without discussion or permission to remove the horse's shoes and do his feet, he ruined the horses feet and cost me a fortune in injections because of how lame he was, oh and he charged me $160 for this 'service.'. I also don't think he did much with the horse as he had zero fitness.

Horse left lame and very skinny with Dan telling me I couldn't handle him. As a top level trainer in my own right I had no problems with him, I had only sent him to Dan for some chill out and time to be ridden out. That's all. Nine months later horse is finally sound and has regained weight. Oh and i never had any trouble with him! Such a horrible, expensive mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dan-Keen-Horsemanship/Round-rock-Texas-/Dan-Keen-Horsemanship-Dishonest-over-bills-abusive-Round-rock-Texas-1003100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dan Keen Horsemanship

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Hmmm

AUTHOR: Returning customer - (USA)

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure why a horse trainer would send a horse of any kind to Dan Keen to just chill out. That is not his program at all. In fact he is the guru that you send your horse to if you have serious behavioral problems or if you have a young horse to start. I'm am a long client of his. I have had him start 2 babies and rehab 3 horses for me. The 2 that he started are probably the best horses I have ever sat on. They know absolute everything and you can tell there were no steps missed in training unlike the other 3 I sent to be rehabilitated for bad behavior ( steps obviously missed in prior training ). The 3 that went to him to be rehabbed are soldiers now and have gone on the have successful careers. All horse in my opinion need Dan. Yes it's like boot camp but they all come back near perfect and safe. Can't tell you how many unsafe horses I see out there that are treated like a baby kitten and then the owners end up getting hurt and have no idea why. Come on people you can't baby a 1000 lb animal that has the instinct to flee at any moment. Making horse confident is exactly what Dan does. So if my horse comes back with scratches on him. That's ok bc I know he will come home safe for me.

Original report

AUTHOR: Busybusy - (USA)

The above is an opinion only by someone uninvolved in business dealings with this organization who was upset about something truly unrelated. Dan is an excellent trainer and horseman. Please disregard the original report. I highly reccomend Dan Keen Horsemanship to everyone I know!7