Complaint Review: Dan Nelson

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Bellevue Nebraska
Dan Nelson
3029 W Broadway St. Council Bluffs, Iowa U.S.A.

Dan Nelson I purchased a Chevy Lumina 1994, in January 25, 2003, the Van was purchased at $12,992 at a 24.95% interest, I gave the car back in August 2005, 5 month later they went Bankrupt, and left me with an extensive Bill, Council Bluffs Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: the bill does not magically disapear

*Consumer Comment: You Do Not Simply Walk Away...

I purchased a Chevy Lumina 1994, in January 25, 2003, the Van was purchased at $12,992 at a 24.95% interest, I gave the car back in August 2005, and signed it back over to Dan Nelson, 5 month later they went Bankrupt, and left me with an extensive Bill. I need help, I have moved on and now getting sued, for something I gave back to Dan Nelson.

I am extremely depressed, and assumed, I had given my rights on this car up along time ago. They went through Consumer Portfolio Services Inc. to finance me, and since Dan Nelson went bankrupt, they have been harrassing me ever since.

Dan Nelson gave me a vehicle, that was Sugnificantly BREAKING DOWN, before I had returned it to them. I let them know of the problems, they were just going to put me in another vehicle for $12,000.00, and add on the remainder of the bill I had with the Chevy Lumina on top of that. I ran out of money fixing this the Chevey Lumina, and could no longer handle the payments, so I gave the car back. Me getting another vehicle from them, was not going to happen.

Gracie r
Bellevue, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dan-Nelson/Council-Bluffs-Iowa-51501/Dan-Nelson-I-purchased-a-Chevy-Lumina-1994-in-January-25-2003-the-Van-was-purchased-at-386662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dan Nelson

#1 Consumer Suggestion

the bill does not magically disapear

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

The loan does not go away just because "you gave it back". It still is regarded as a repo. You owe on the LOAN. You will probably be sued over this.

You Do Not Simply Walk Away...

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

...you cannot simply walk away by giving it back, if you owed 12000 on it when returned and they sold it at auction for any amount, say 2000 you owe the shortage of 10000, and the finance company WILL come after you for it.