Complaint Review: Dan Talent Agency

• Submitted: Wed, October 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: AnonymousHonest — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Dan Talent Agency
1746 General George Patton, Suite 103, Brentwood, Internet United States of America

Dan Talent Agency whilimena dan, dan talent, dan management Cattle Calls, Think You're Just One of the Masses, and All About Money Internet

I've been to Dan twice. The first time it was a personal interview with Stephanie. On this particular occasion I was treated quite well and she showed a seemingly genuine interest in signing me. Then I was informed it would be around $900 for their package deal including photos, a portfolio, training, etc. I couldn't afford that even if I wanted to... so I let them know that and she told my father (I was a minor at the time) to contact them in the future if things changed. I went out and got more experience and professional photos on my own. I didn't get any paid gigs, but I got lots of good shots to build a portfolio and some great modeling experience to go with it. I decided I'd give Dan a shout. I emailed in a new submission, with my new photos and a quick paragraph on having been there the year before. I was emailed back the next day and told I could attend an open call. I thought "Ok, I'll give that a shot, hopefully I'll be remembered, as they seemed to really like me the first time I was there". I went to the call and was not remembered or even asked anything other than to read some lines off a sheet. After reading the lines they were booking everyone's "Callback interviews" and I was not able to make it due to another interview with another agency, as I'm seeking all the different agency options there are, as I'm serious about being a model and having good, genuine, caring representation to back me up. I was written off immediately just because I was looking into all my options. And the woman, I don't even remember her name, but she was relatively new there, was fairly rude about it in front of the room of people. I'm sorry. I thought the agency worked for the talent. Not the other way around. I was extremely offended by this, and I will no longer look into their services. That's ok, because they are highly successful without me and I bless them... But I will be highly successful without them.

In short, I felt that they were extremely money oriented and had way to much talent signed to even care about individuals. I felt that their "Open Call" was more of a sales pitch than anything, and that if they were really such a good agency they should not have blinked twice at me looking into all my options.

But bless them, Lord. Just bless them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dan-Talent-Agency/internet/Dan-Talent-Agency-whilimena-dan-dan-talent-dan-management-Cattle-Calls-Think-Youre-Jus-950549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dan Talent Agency