- Report: #756381
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Daniel Ford
Daniel Ford9236 N. Jill Ln Schiller Park, Illinois United States of America
Daniel Ford , Daniel Nieto, Mariana Nieto, Daniel Ford Handyman destroyed wooden play set Schiller Park, Illinois
*Author of original report: Handyman without skills
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
promised to return it next day.
I went to check out the play set the next morning; I did find few lose parts and some problems. Some bolts were lose, excessive washers (5-10pcs) were used to keep bolts tighten, sharp screws were sticking out in several places, few wooden pieces were missing bolts or screws, roof wasn't secure. I called Daniel Ford a call he said he'll
come at 3:30pm to get few items fixed. In the mean time I got a copy of Owner's manual with assembly instructions via email. When I got home same afternoon I decided to take a closer look at the play set Daniel Ford assembled. To my
surprise I discovered more problems:
- main deck's support was missing, kids could have fallen through the platform
- slide's back support was missing, kids would have fallen to the ground when
- slide was missing few screws, other screws were not connecting two parts
- 4ft latter was missing support
- handle bar came off (for 4ft latter)
- monkey bars were not secure, large gaps were found on connected parts
- latter support (base) was never installed, the latter was shaking a lot.
- glider bushing were missing
- glider and swings were improperly installed
- glider support was not screwed together, two male bolts were inserted from
both sides on support base
- tarp was never installed
- multiple sharp screws were sticking in inside the fort
- roof came apart
- roof was attached using 3 bolts instead of 4
- multiple bolts, screws, washers and other hardware was missing, screws and
tubes had damaged tread making impossible to reassemble the play set as it
should have been built in the first place.
- user manual was missing
- and many more small screw-ups.
The missing pieces were never installed, they were nowhere to be found on our backyard or trash Daniel must
have put them in to his minivan without knowledge.
Daniel Ford never showed up, when I called his cellphone Mariana Nieto answered and said he was arrested
for driving without a valid driver license and he is in police custody, she implied it was our fault that he did get arrested because he was coming back to us! He was going to be released in few days and he'll come back to fix the job.
We could not wait few days for Daniel to come back, Mariana Nieto was going to bring her father Saturday 11:30am to get it fixed, sure enough she never showed up.
I asked a friend of mine to give Daniel a call to see if he's at home and guess what? Daniel Ford was at home together with Mariana Nieto. She was lying to us to cover for him. Neither Daniel Ford or Mariana Nieto returned our calls, I
emailed Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org several times.
When we called 847-260-5736 Daniel's mother answered the phone, she seemed to be responsible person and was
going to get in touch with Daniel. We still have a butchered play set; kids can't wait to play with it. What Daniel did is unthinkable; his job was to follow the instructions to build a safe play set for kids 3-10 years old. What
he build was a death trap, sharp screws everywhere, incorrect assembly, play set was missing several crucial components, some parts were never attached together.
We are going to take legal actions against Daniel Ford, he went too far. He is not a handyman by any
means, he took advantage of us, he put our kids in danger.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2011 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniel-Ford/Schiller-Park-Illinois-60176/Daniel-Ford-Daniel-Nieto-Mariana-Nieto-Daniel-Ford-Handyman-destroyed-wooden-play-set-756381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.