existed

• Submitted: Mon, July 11, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: Sean — San Fran California United States of America
Daniel J. Randall

Daniel J. Randall Daniel J. Randall False promises, screwed up the entire office computer system, lost big money in the down time, we even had a virus show up the next day, refused refund even after we had to have someone else come Novato, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Setting the record straight.

This guy is a joke! Do not waste your time or your money.  Terrible work, over charges, and your system will be down within a matter of weeks.  Very unprofessional attitude when it came time to deal with his mistakes.

I had to hire someone else to fix my system (double money) - he did not give us a refund.

Warning people - just move on to someone else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2011 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniel-J-Randall/internet/Daniel-J-Randall-Daniel-J-Randall-False-promises-screwed-up-the-entire-office-computer-751582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daniel J. Randall

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Setting the record straight.

AUTHOR: Dan - (United States of America)

This client was a single financial consultant in the Bay Area.  For her protection and privacy I will not mention her name, or the name of her company which bears it.

I was referred to her and was highly recommended by another client of mine.

As anyone working with technology knows, the less experienced users are at times delicate to handle.  This client interrupted our upgrade engagement multiple times.  She deleted her own databases multiple times.  She created duplicates of her own database and worked from the wrong client files despite being clearly informed of the new methods her upgrade required.  This caused tremendous headaches and delays for everyone involved.

It is saddening to me that this client was left unhappy.  Despite what she has claimed, NO additional charges were billed to her, in fact she was given a significant refund despite (1) being the cause of multiple delays (2) causing SIGNIFICANT time overages for which we did NOT bill.
Unfortunately it is true in any business that occasionally a customer or client will be unhappy with the products/ services provided.  In the case of this client, I personally went OVER and ABOVE, working through entire nights at times to repair, re-install, replace with  backups etc. the many problems she caused/ files she deleted/ duplicate databases she created, multiple records she created etc. during the upgrade process she contracted me for.

This client also did what is common in the tech support industry- she continued to INCREASE the scope of the project, change the scope of the project, add requirements and request additional services that she did not want to pay for.

I have been more than generous with this client, as previously mentioned refunding her a significant portion of the project fee.  I should not have done this.  Delays will happen in IT.  That is the nature of tech, but those caused by the client should not be blamed on the technician.

I hope this helps anyone coming across this 1 negative review.  I have been working as an IT Consultant for over 12 years, and I pride myself on my reputation, and the hundreds of clients whose businesses value my services, who endorse me to others and who refer me to their associates to this day.

For a significant list of client testimonials, email me directly at danieljrandall@gmail.com.  Many of my clients are more than happy as well to receive phone calls to attest to my professionalism, attention to detail, commitment to the work I do, and the stellar reputation I have earned in the last decade serving them and their business networks.

I cannot say this is the same for this single client who appears to be comfortable blaming her own mistakes, lack of sophistication and the complications she created in this case- on others.

Daniel J. Randall, MCP, MCSE