liquid

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 01, 2011

• Reported By:Olympia Washington
Daniel N Gordon, Attorney
4023 W 1st Ave Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.

Daniel N Gordon, Attorney Suit on behalf of Capital One Bank - I have no account with Capital One Eugene Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: Capital One debt attorney

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint with Washington Attorney General and Bar Association

I signed for a District Court document from the law firm of Daniel Gordon in Eugene Oregon. It says that they are filing a lawsuit on behalf of Capital One bank. We have not been notified by Capital One of any debt and have no idea where this came from, I'm writing a response to the suit as required. Please, any suggestions are welcome. How does this sound?

"In response to the lawsuit filed by Matthew R Aylworth with the Daniel N Gordon, PC, Attorneys and Counselors at law.

I do not have a Capital One Account with any debt owing. Capital One has not sent correspondence, bills, or notices regarding any debt.

Please reveal all details of the alleged debt to include copies of all documents involved in the account, any emails, correspondence and/or telephone calls.

I ask the court to protect my personal bank account, third persons and entities from this Collection attorney firm, Daniel N Gordon, PC, or any associates. From what I understand this firm is a franchise associated with Collect America owner Philip Scott Lowery or KRG capital. The Collect America system is comprised of approximately thirty franchise's across the country with complaints filed with the Federal Trade Commission.

If necessary, please consider my costs involved in responding to this lawsuit. I ask for reimbursement of my time and expenses.

I am concerned about possible fraud and/or identity theft."

Mini
Olympia, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2007 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniel-N-Gordon-Attorney/Eugene-Oregon-97402/Daniel-N-Gordon-Attorney-Suit-on-behalf-of-Capital-One-Bank-I-have-no-account-with-Capi-282545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daniel N Gordon, Attorney

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Capital One debt attorney

AUTHOR: James a. - (U.S.A.)

In 2006, I was contacted by a different attorney, Derrick McGavic (also in Eugene) who at the time represented debts held by Capital One.  However, McGavic received over 9,000 complaints to the Oregon Bar and State Attorney General's office for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other similar laws/statutes.  And earlier this year, McGavic was ordered to resign from the bar and not do business in the state ever again.

Point is, I suspect McGavic was probably dropped by Capital One as soon as the Oregon Bar started investigating him.  And at that time, he probably "sold" his existing collection accounts to Gordon (and possibly others).  Some of the complaints directed against McGavic surrounded misrepresentation of facts.  So, it's possible the attorneys who inherited his Capital One debt-collection accounts got erroneous information.

Certainly, if you were ever contacted by McGavic before Gordon contacted you, I'd be suspicious of that scenario.

File a complaint with Washington Attorney General and Bar Association

AUTHOR: Sherry - (U.S.A.)

Hi Mini

I just wanted to say you should file a complaint
with Washington Attorney General on DANIEL N. GORDON
and the Alyworth punk. I just did so if you file a second complaint it
is going to start a pattern here in Washington. In fact right now
the Washington state Bar is investigating them and Department of
Licensing because GORDON's office is not licensed to act as a debt collector.
They are licensed attorneys file a complaint with the Wasington state Bar too.

I plan on suing them in Oregon District court for FDCPA violations
and not having any proof of a valid contract it is a old Bank of America
issue and they actually have manufactured credit card statements from
Bank of America from an account I never even applied for.

I have guess it is time for us little people to start fighting back.
DANIEL N. GORDON is also associated with ZWICKER and ASSOCIATES