Complaint Review: Daniel Spivey

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Timi Rainwater — Ball Ground Georgia
Daniel Spivey
66 Boardtown Rd. Ellijay, Georgia USA

Daniel Spivey Edward Spivey Chimney Cleaning Daniel Spivey Took My Money and Left Me With Chimney Working Worse Than Before Ellijay Georgia

I contacted Mr. Spivey after seeing his ad in Craigslist for chimney cleaning for my mother's wood burning stove and chimney which was needing a good cleaning that hadn't been done in years.

I left a message for Mr.Spivey on his voicemail after listening to his message about hours and that he attended church every Sunday and would return calls promptly at 2:00 pm after returning home from services. He did return my call within a few hours of leaving the message.

I explained that I was calling for my mother and told him what type of stove we had and that we had a prefab insert in the chimney. He told me he cleaned the stove completely and that he cleaned the inside of the prefab insert and also the vent cap from the inside as they were made to be cleaned that way.

I told him that the vent cap had been the problem before and that someone had to physically get on the roof and clean the vent holes in the cap, but he said his brushes would do that from the inside and that he would build a fire before he left with his own materiala to make sure it would draw properly and he would clean up his mess before leaving.

He worked for a while and built a small fire and said that everything was working well and charged $150.00 for the work. He did not cleam up behind himself well either. As it was fairly warm we let the fire die down and did not need to build one  again for about 3 days.

When we tried to use the stove to start a fire, smoke just boiled out into the room anytime you opened the stove door to add wood to the fire making the room so smokey you had to go to the door and open and close it until you could breathe again.

I called Mr. Spivey and told him the problem and he seemed surprised and promised to come out in the next couple of days to get on the roof and check out the vent cap and clean it if necessary. He told me his wife was in the hospital and it might be a few days depending on her release.

After several unreturned calls, I finally reached him and he said his wife was doing very poorly and had cancer and they didn't know how much longer she had to live and would get her settled and call me to let me know when he would come.

I did not recieve another call after leaving a dozen messages. Mr. Spivey was happy to take our check but did not do what he promised. Needless to say, we were not offered any type of refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniel-Spivey/Ellijay-Georgia/Daniel-Spivey-Edward-Spivey-Chimney-Cleaning-Daniel-Spivey-Took-My-Money-and-Left-Me-With-1125081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daniel Spivey