Complaint Review: Daniel's Restoration

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jeremy — Monroe Ohio
Daniel's Restoration
1853 Gordon Hwy Augusta, Georgia United States of America

Daniel's Restoration Daniel T. Woodward Fraudulent Business!!! Only do business if you have money to give away... Textbook con artist!!! Beware Augusta, Georgia

Thought I was doing the right thing by researching this company before dropping my vehicle off to be restored. The owner called stating he was ready to get me into the bay, and needed the payment to get started. Sent him $3,000 and when i called a few later he stated that he had my frame cab and chassis off ready to sandblast and powdercoat the frame. When I asked for pictures, he made excuses stating his computer was broken.

He called back after about a month asking for an additional $2,000 for "parts" (after stating that the original $3,000 was for labor). I confronted him about this, and he made an excuse to get off of the phone. I came home for a visit, and decided to stop in to see the progress he had made on the vehicle. No one was at the shop, so when I called him he ignored my calls all weekend.

About a month passed and he called me again stating that he had given me the wrong price for the parts, and that it would be more. I explained to him that I wasn't sending anymore money without seeing pictures of the vehicle, and he stated that he would send his father to Wal-Mart to send the images via hard copy. Another couple of weeks passed and I decided to come for another visit. This time my Uncle went by the shop during business hours, and discovered that my truck was still in the exact same spot that I had originally parked it.

I called the owner and asked him what was going on with the vehicle, and he stated that he had performed the work and put the vehicle back in the EXACT same spot to gain space in the shop. Long story short, I had to get the deputies to escort my Uncle to the business to pick up my vehicle, and discovered that not only had he not performed any work, but he had removed the ignition switch and conveniently "misplaced" the keys.

It wasn't until after all of this that I discovered that he had been arrested five times within the past year, and that he had a criminal record for fraud. So, be very careful about selecting this business to perform any work for you. The vehicles that they "seem" to be working on may look nice, but it is a facade. Be very aware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniels-Restoration/Augusta-Georgia-30904/Daniels-Restoration-Daniel-T-Woodward-Fraudulent-Business-Only-do-business-if-you-hav-1045287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daniel's Restoration