Complaint Review: Daniels and Norelli, P.C.

• Submitted: Tue, February 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 23, 2010

• Reported By: jessica — USA
Daniels and Norelli, P.C.
900 Merchants Concourse, Suite 400 Westbury, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 516-394-8788, x3091
  • Web:
  • Category:

Daniels and Norelli, P.C. Took my money, but still not satisfied! Westbury, New York

In December of 2005 my bank accounts were frozen due to a lien put against them. It wasn't for that much, less than $900, but enough to make things difficult for me, and bounce my rent check. (I was also charged $100 legal fee by the bank, so these guys could execute the lien). I did receive a notice from the court, but only a few days before, and couldn't do anything about it. Besides, I owed the money, and was glad it wasn't for thousands of dollars.

The next day I went to the bank and released the funds to Daniels and Norelli, P.C. My accounts were immediately unfrozen, which at the time was all that mattered to me. I didn't realize that they needed to hold up there end, and satisfy the courts and the creditor (which then was Colorado Capital Investments). The item is still listed on my credit report as unsatisfied, and will remain there for two years longer than it should had it been reported as satisfied. I have disputed the item with Experian, but they advised that I should get the legal record of the settlement from the Kings County Clerks Office, which is in and of itself is nearly impossible. The only proof I can get is a record from the bank stating a payment was made against a lien.

I have tried calling the law firm but they don't answer my requests, and seem to be saying that they no longer have records from 2005. It really looks like they froze my accounts, took my money, and then never reported it to the court, or to the creditors! I have no idea how to get this fixed on my credit report without some serious help, and I don't know where to start.

Maybe this is just a cautionary tale. If that is the case, I hope there are many lessons learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daniels-and-Norelli-PC/Westbury-New-York-11590/Daniels-and-Norelli-PC-Took-my-money-but-still-not-satisfied-Westbury-New-York-573797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daniels and Norelli, P.C.