Complaint Review: Danny Jelaca Salon

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Miami Shores Florida United States of America
Danny Jelaca Salon
500 South Pointe Drive, suite 120 Miami Beach, Florida United States of America

Danny Jelaca Salon Danny While working for us he was lying to clients and our reputation because unbeknounced to us he was opening his own salon. He then made our receptionist print out our entire client database and stole it Miami Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: This is a vindictive report

*Consumer Comment: Danny Jelaca is an excellent professional

*General Comment: comment on Danny Jelaca rip off report

*Consumer Comment: Sour Grapes by CAMI Salon

I want to report Danny Jelaca because he is a former employee who has acted very inappropriate. He had been a co-worker and friend for at least 14 years. During the last 2 years Cami Salon was opened and hired Danny Jelaca as the Master Stylist.

Danny Jelaca worked as an employee at Cami Salon, when we noticed he started to come to work late, or not show up saying he had to go to court. He also started to act up at work, making scenes and being rude to our clients as well as co-workers. Unbenounced to us he had a plan. His plan was to talk bad about Cami Salon to our clients and make scenes to show that it was unstable because he was working for months on opening up his own salon. We found out about his plan thru a loyal client, who he was trying to advertise his salon to.

We would have never had a problem with him leaving or opening up his own salon, but he was trying to steal our clients and never mentioned a word to us about his plan. We never even had him sign a no-compete contract because we do not have a problem with people moving on, but he didn't just move on he was trying to hurt us. When we found out about his salon, he was already 50% done with it. We obviously fired him on the spot on the day we verified that it was all true.

The worst part is that after he was fired, our receptionist confessed that Danny Jelaca had made her print out our entire client database for him. She did it because she feared him but was loyal enough to confess to us what had happened.

So, in summary, we are not only dealing with a snake, backstabber, con-artist, but also a thief, he took something that is personal and we will not let him get away with that. Ever since he was fired, he started to call all our clients saying that we did him wrong, but in reality he did everything wrong to us. After he left Cami Salon we started to find out thru our loyal clients that he had been saying bad things to them about our wonderful salon and staff. He needs to be stopped, he should not have any of our clients walking in his salon. Its theft he should be in prison.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Danny-Jelaca-Salon/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/Danny-Jelaca-Salon-Danny-While-working-for-us-he-was-lying-to-clients-and-our-reputation-b-948460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Danny Jelaca Salon

This is a vindictive report

AUTHOR: LindaD - ()

Danny Jelaca was my stylist back when he was at Stella Salon. He was my guy because, in addition to being an artist with my hair, he was just a nice guy. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone, and he was clearly liked and respected by his co-workers.

I can't say the same thing about certain others who worked at Stella—one person in particular. This person (who I won't name here) would badmouth his other clients to me, either after they just left or while they were off getting the color rinsed out of their hair. That's why I stopped going to this person...because I knew that if he was trashing other clients to me, he was trashing me to other clients.

So I'm not surprised that this person has posted this absolutely false, vindictive report here. That's right up his alley. I AM, however, stunned by the absolute audacity of his lies about Danny.

The measurement of Danny's character is evident the moment you walk into his new salon. You're greeted warmly and with a genuine smile. You're offered water, coffee, tea or wine. They have chocolates and cookies to nibble on. And Danny is always there with a huge smile and true interest in how you're doing. He takes his time with you, listening to what you want and then explaining the little touches he's adding. He is a true artist that I would follow anywhere.

Danny is utterly professional, and he has NEVER trashed Cami Salon or his former co-workers. He has had only had good things to say about his former co-workers. This report, filed under false pretenses, is purely vindictive and, frankly unprofessional.

Danny Jelaca is an excellent professional

AUTHOR: Rafael - (United States of America)

I first went to Cami salon, years ago, looking for Danny.  He was the only reason I ever heard of Cami, visited Cami, and paid for services there.  A good friend had recommended Danny, 2 years ago, and he has consistently lived up to all my expectations.

While I sat in Danny's chair, at Cami, I never ONCE heard him say anything negative about his place of employment or his coworkers.  I never ONCE heard him talk about his plans to open a new salon.  I simply walked in one day to find out that he was no longer there.  His coworkers at Cami were visibly upset because, as they explained it, they considered Danny a good friend and felt hurt that he had not shared his plans with them.  I understood their point but never thought it would amount to this clearly vindictive effort to smear Danny's reputation.  While I can understand their feeling disappointed at Danny's silence and failure to include them in his plans, I do not think that filing this report, seeking redress this way, or calling Danny a thief does Cami ANY service.  It shows vindictiveness rather than objectivity.  It betrays pain rather than fact.  And while we can all relate to disappointment, we will not all respond to revenge kindly.  The truth of the matter is that you cannot steal happy clients.  Danny "may" have asked for client lists to be printed (presumably the very same clients that sat on HIS chair) but these clients left Cami because they want Danny, NOT because he stole them.  That is my case.

Since immediately after his getting fired I did not know where Danny was (he had not officially opened his new salon yet) I gave a new hair stylist at Cami a chance.  He was OK, but ions away from being Danny or displaying anything remotely close to Danny's expertise and dedication.

My decision to go to the new Jelaca salon (which is beautiful and where people are efficient and curtious) was directly the result of the fact that he is extremely good at what he does, and has always treated me kindly and respectfully.  Even after visiting him now 3 times at  his new place I have not ONCE heard Danny speak ill of Cami or his former colleagues.  He has shown me, not only that he is excellent at what he does, but that he has vastly more class than his former employer.  And I, for one, could not let this vicious report float out there without addressing it.

#3 General Comment

comment on Danny Jelaca rip off report

AUTHOR: Allan Mantell - (United States of America)

My name is Allan Mantell. I have been a customer of Danny Jelacas for more than fifteen years. I live in Hollywood, which is no stone's throw away from Miami, where i have traveled over the last two decades to sit in Danny's chair.

I am quite "taken aback" from the latest rip off report filed by his previous employer. I googled DANNY SALON in anticipation of great reviews, and instead found this rip off report. With its personal attacks and venomous language, it seems to be in itself quite the "rip off". When a report with truth in it is filed, usually it is done in a professional manner. Character assassination and personal attacks should not be part of any consumer report. But yet this report has nothing concrete in it other than name calling, and implicit threats. It is "true fiction".

Firstly, I am familiar with everyone at Cami Salon. I know that they have a long working history with Danny Jelaca. It is important to understand that these people worked with Danny for more than 2 decades, in 2-3 different salons. Many years ago the same staff at Cami worked at a salon called Stella. After Stella Salon closed so abruptly, the employees were left out in the cold. But instead of each going their own ways, they banded together and found employment at ROCCO DONNA and then at Cami. Which is why i find this report so misleading. The employees at Cami obviously thought highly of Danny Jelaca because of their long affiliation with him. In fact, he was an important part of their team, and had their best interests at heart. But SUDDENLY, now that he has gone out on his own, he's magically turned into an evil serpent?

It takes strength and perseverance to open up a new business, and Danny deserves as fair a shot at it as the next guy. It is called "free enterprise". He should not be persecuted by his previous salon for daring to go out on his own, but instead they should welcome the competition and be further driven by it. After all, after working as an employee in the salon system for decades, and having to give up a huge portion of money to the salon for his own "gifts and talent", doesnt he finally have the right to open his own place? Has he not earned that right? I find the allegation that Danny had a customer list printed out by Cami's manager very suspect. Why would he need to use Cami customer list? After all, all stylists these days have their OWN BOOK. They need to have their own book because if not, it leaves them out in the cold just in case the salon goes under and certainly one should not put themselves in so vulnerable a position. It is an absurd allegation. Cami was successful because of the true styling talent of Danny Jelaca, not because it was some "super- service salon". Furthermore, one can argue that the customers at Cami came from the previous salon, Stella. The "chicken vs egg" argument in regards to customers can be quite exhausting. Thus i think it's safe to say that the allegation of Danny swashbuckling his own customers is at best absurd.

I got my hair cut by Danny the entire time he worked at Cami and not once did he discuss going out on his own with me while i was in the chair. He has been and continues to be a consummate professional. Everyone who knows Danny understands his total commitment to his customers. If you try to get his attention while he is working, it is as if you don't exist. This is because he gives every iota of attention to the customer in the chair.

Frankly, as a customer at Camis, I felt the the high price for the hair didnt quite equate with the overall service of the salon. If you are going to pay upwards of $70 for a haircut, there should be necessary amenities included with it. A clean and comfortable environment, full service at every point of the experience. This was lacking at Cami. They didnt even offer the customers refreshments. And the overall atmosphere, quite frankly, felt more like "shabby chic" than 'chic".

I have just returned from DANNY JELACA, the salon. And i guess it is obvious why Cami Salon has written such a demeaning diatribe about him. They sense the "competitive edge" and are obviously fearful about it. If cami wants to see how a high end salon should look and feel, they should pay DANNY JELACA, the salon,  a visit. That way, instead of sniffling and snoveling over "the competition", perhaps they can look inside themselves and truly improve the overall quality of their salon so it can better equate with the high end prices.

The report written is in bad taste, period. It should be removed. Danny Jelaca deserves a fair shot as a business owner. In these tough times, a scurrilous report that web browsers can google and read so easily, certainly will not help him. I urge that more people who have known Danny (like me) can attest to his honesty, professionalism, and character so this "rip off report" can be removed. Danny worked very hard for this salon. It has been his dream. We should not allow this report to continue on the web. It is a "witch hunt" carried out by less competent people who (as the report certainly suggests) seem fearful about the competitive edge that lurks RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from them.

Sour Grapes by CAMI Salon

AUTHOR: truthteller - (United States of America)

This is a rebuttal to the absolutely bogus comments that are being levied against danny jelaca salon in Miami Beach, Fla.  Danny Jelaca has built his book of Miami-area clients for over 20 years.  The notion that he "stole" the client list from his former employer is beyond absurd.  As his Facebook site will attest. Danny Jelaca is a consummate hair professional who offers nothing but the finest quality and service.  His former employer appears upset at the revenue they have lost with Danny's departure from their salon.  They have embarked upon a smear campaign in an attempt to tarnish his new business,

Any potential clients who are unclear or unsure as to the quality that danny jelaca salon provides are invited to contact the salon directly and speak with danny.  It is unfortunate that the Internet provides an easy opportunity for thwarted business owners to strike out against former employees, but I assure this audience that danny jelaca salon offers nothing but the finest quality in service for its clients.