Complaint Review: Danny's Family Car Wash

Danny's Family Car Wash
Tatum and Cactus Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Danny's Family Car Wash Damange to vehicle, won't repair Phoenix, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Alleged Damage

*Consumer Suggestion: Just putting this out there...

I have been a customer of Danny's for the last 8 plus years.  I recently bought a 2006 BMW M6 about three weeks ago.  I brought it to Danny's to have it washed twice.  The last time was yesterday 04/18.  After having it washed and driving less than a mile back to work, I noticed that there were scratches up and down and side to side all across the hood.  I immediately took the vehicle back to the car wash and asked to speak with the manager.  A very rude man named Tony took one look at the hood, and said "it wasn't from us."  Tony did not see my car before it was washed, while it was being washed, or after it was washed after I took the vehicle to leave.  He would have no idea what the state of the car is before it was washed by his employees.  He then tried to tell me he was the one who dried the car off.  This is not true either, I was standing less than ten feet away from the car while it was being dried, and he was not the individual who dried the car.  The reason I did not see the scratches until I got back to work is because the car was given to me in the shade at the car wash.  He refused to offer any sort of solution to my issue and continued to tell me there is nothing I will do for you, this conversation is over.  I have given him multiple opportunities to fix the damage done to my vehicle and he has flat out refused.  I also contacted the corporate office and they told me if Tony didn't want to help me, there was nothing they  could do.

Tony is an a**hole!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dannys-Family-Car-Wash/Phoenix-Arizona-85028/Dannys-Family-Car-Wash-Damange-to-vehicle-wont-repair-Phoenix-Arizona-1044712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Danny's Family Car Wash

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Alleged Damage

AUTHOR: Danny's Customer Service - ()

Mr. La Plant We did in fact try to address your concerns. You refused to provide us with the information we requested to look further into your claim. You even refused to provide us with a picture of the area. Even though we do not believe we caused the light scratches, we did buff out the area in question, for free. There was no visible damage after the complimentary service was completed. However, you are still claiming we damaged the vehicle, yet are unwilling to provide a photo. I’m not sure what more we can do for you unless you are willing to cooperate. Thank You

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Just putting this out there...

AUTHOR: Batman - ()

I have no idea if you're right or wrong about the damage being done at the carwash... but there is another possibility...

If you just bought the car and these are first couple of washes, the scratches may have been there when you bought it. The previous owner or dealer may have waxed or coated the problem areas with that "As Seen on TV" crap and hidden the damage from you, then when you washed it, that crap came off.

Also, it would seem to me that if the car wash damaged your car, it would've been damaging every other car that went through there that day too, at least until they found the problem. If you can't find any other complaints on their FB page, yelp, etc... maybe it happened somewhere else.

Again, I'm saying you're right or wrong, only that there are other possibilities and sometimes when something bad happens, we get attached to the first theory that pops in our head, whether its right or wrong.

Hope you find justice or good deal on a new paint job.