Complaint Review: Danny's Family Carwash

Danny's Family Carwash
15515 N Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Danny's Family Carwash ripoff up selling oil changes Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunate

*UPDATE Employee: Why is that?

I have been taking my cars to Danny's for the last 8 years. I am used to their up selling techniques. Last month I sent my daughter to have her oil changed. She was told all fluids needed to be changed, estimated cost $220.00. She said no. Her car was serviced by our regular mechanic. Half of Danny's recommendations were not needed. Yesterday I sent my son to Danny's for a basic car wash and oil change. This should of cost $30.00. They up sold him. He is 17 yrs old and could not say no. It cost me $ 184.00. I will never go to Danny's car wash ever again.

Jeff Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2006 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dannys-Family-Carwash/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Dannys-Family-Carwash-ripoff-up-selling-oil-changes-Scottsdale-Arizona-211097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Danny's Family Carwash

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Jeff

How many miles did the car have on it? Sounded like a 30,000+ miles maintance if the fluids needed to be changed and topped off. I wouldn't get this done at Danny's, especially when there are places like Sun Devil Auto, Big O Tires, etc...more qualified places I would think.

The last time I was at Danny's, those guys who try to tell you the extra's, like car fragrance, matts washed, wax, etc. One of them wouldn't leave me alone about purchasing wax, and I know they get a commission when they sell these extra's, but at the time...my car was practicley brand new and in beautiful shape, just dirty. The guy wouldn't shut up so I took off, haven't been back since. It sounds like your son got duped by one these guys, and it's unfortunate. That's no way to run a business to let your workers harass the customers, the general manger should be all over something like that and conduct things properly.

Why is that?

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Just out of curiosity, I've heard this complaint many times so I'm very careful when it comes to selling to younger kids or older individuals, but why couldn't your almost adult son say no? Correct me if I'm wrong but you make it sound like a physical impossiblity to refuse having services done. He had at least 3 opprotunities to change his mind or say no. but he didnt so how was anyone to know he really didnt want it done when he said yeah, go on and do it.