Complaint Review: Daphne Rice

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Jessica Walker — Detroit Michigan
Daphne Rice
Detroit, Michigan USA

Daphne Rice Miss Universal Dream is a fraud --- do not enter her pageant Detroit Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This too shall past!

I paid Daphne Rice over $1,000.00 to compete in the Miss Universal Dream Pageant in Las Vegas, NV. After I paid, competed and lost I learned several disturbing facts.

1st: Daphne stole the name of her pageant from another prominent pageant named American Dream Pageant.

2nd: In 2012 Daphne skipped out on thousands of dollars in bills at Palace Station Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada when she did not pay bills as promised for her pageant. Many delegates and their families were promised hotel rooms and other things and never received them. Daphne fled to Planet Hollywood Casino with the help of her friend Brittany Williams.

3rd: Daphne Rice promised a singer and his manager a hotel room at the Palms Resort. She claimed that she had a confirmation number. Then she strung them along. Then Daphne claimed that rooms were sold out. The duo had to pay for their own room elsewhere.

4th: The judges turned in their scores and they were counted. However Daphne switched the winners at the end because I overhead two of the judges talking about it and saw their facial expressions when the wrong winners were announced.

5th: Daphne's friends were charging delegates $50 to share rooms with 3-5 delegates and the rooms only cost $50.

No matter what Daphne Rice says she is a con and gives a bad name and reputation to the pageant industry. I do not ever suggest doing business with her or supporting her pageant.

Somehow Daphne Rice convinced a former NFL player and owner of a large PR firm to back her. They must not have known that she was a crook and unprofessional. I met them and they are legit, especially the PR firm and owner who helped.

Do not join Daphne's 'Universal Dream'! Daphne Rice used someone elses' phone the entire time because her cell was disconnected due to not paying the bill and she is reportedly homeless. How can you run a pageant and not even have a cell phone. Daphne Rice does not work for Ford and Ford does not endorse or support her pageant. Don't be fooled. She is a liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daphne-Rice/Detroit-Michigan/Daphne-Rice-Miss-Universal-Dream-is-a-fraud-do-not-enter-her-pageant-Detroit-Michiga-1076935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Daphne Rice

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This too shall past!

AUTHOR: Daphne - ()

I truly believe that a winner never quits and a quitter never wins.  As a Coach,  Director, Former State, National and International title holder, I have had the pleasure of being on both sides of the stage.  I've MASTERED that a  true queen is one who looks closley at their own mistakes and grow into that  area of their life, and  to  become the best that they can possible be.   Formerly being Homeless has not made me feel inadequate in NO way possible , but it taught me it can happen to anyone, I have had the pleasure of using my story and sharing my experience to touch the hearts and minds of others!!!  Through the GRACE of GOD, I have been redeemed, I live by may favorite scrpiture:

Romans 8:31: What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against me?