Complaint Review: Darlene Carney

• Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By: wanderers3 — Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada
Darlene Carney
20A Corniche Dr Dana Point, California United States of America

Darlene Carney Vacation Rental By Owner Rip off person untrustworthy Dana Point, California

My family and I rented a condo through VRBO  http://www.vrbo.com/359645  for 1 week. When we arrived the place appeared worn with unclean floors, rust on the side of the fridge, a funny smell in the kitchen, the TV screen was green and the latch on the deadbolt fell off . we had prepaid for the unit so we stayed 36 yrs, but after a shelf unit sitting on the back of the toilet fell in the night scaring my 6 yr old son and us, we called at 0800 hrs the second day and reported to the owner that we were unhappy. I explained what had happened and described the unclean floors and uncomfortable beds she was willing to return 1000.00 of our stay ( 1500.00) but after we left she waited 4 hrs and sent us an email that we had caused damages to the condo and would not be returning anything. I immediately tried to call and sent e mails but have had no response. I then put a poor review on her site but she responded saying we stayed 4 nights and left to explore the area and caused damage trying to discredit us.  I have receipts of her dated e mail and the hotel we stayed in 5 minutes away. unfortunately the condo was in a gated community or I would have been back.

How is this fair, I have been reading on the Internet of many VRBO customers getting ripped of of their deposits ETC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Darlene-Carney/Dana-Point-California-92629/Darlene-Carney-Vacation-Rental-By-Owner-Rip-off-person-untrustworthy-Dana-Point-Califor-771834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Darlene Carney