Complaint Review: Darrell Davinci Hubbard

• Updated: Wed, October 09, 2013

• Reported By: film crew — los angeles California
Darrell Davinci Hubbard
DaVinci Worldwide, LLC. 468 N. Camden Drive #200 los angeles, California USA

Darrell Davinci Hubbard (Angel investors) Do not trust this guy! los angeles California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS! I ALSO NEVER GOT PAID!

*Consumer Comment: False and Inaccurate Report

Darrell Davinci Hubbard contracted me and others to work on his movie "Angel Investors"  A movie based on  his pathetic life.  Darrell Davinci Hubbard has yet to pay any of us for the work that we have done.  When you look him up online thier are no pictures and all information is vague.  He is very arrogant so this strikes me as odd.   He is hiding from all of us that he owes.  He is still planning on finishing his "Risky buisness" ripoff movie.  If you are contacted by him.  Do not trust him!  He also claims to have graduated from Harvard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Darrell-Davinci-Hubbard/los-angeles-California-90057/Darrell-Davinci-Hubbard-Angel-investors-Do-not-trust-this-guy-los-angeles-California-1090729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Darrell Davinci Hubbard

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS! I ALSO NEVER GOT PAID!

AUTHOR: refuse2berippedoff - ()

Whoever wrote the "rebuttal" in favor of Darrell "DaVinci" Hubbard is obviously either one of the lucky few who EVER saw any money from him, or it's a friend of his who has been comvinced to write something.  I also wouldn't be shocked to discover that he wrote it himself.  This guy had me and my assistant running around for over two weeks, performing tasks that he was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO PAY US FOR, but he NEVER DID.  I never saw a cent, or a mili-cent, or a piece of lint from this guy.

The only thing tangible I ever got from this guy was the creepy, mysoginistic "film" script from a completely GREEN (NO FILM EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER) so-called writer/producer/director.

Trust me: I plan on seeking what I am owed as well as contacting EVERYONE (20+ people!) else to file a class-action lawsuit if I am not heard and PAID for all the hours of work I put into and the amount of money I lost turning down other work to be involved in this dog and pony show disaster.

He did not have permits, refused to pay us, kept sexually harassing the female actresses, and made us do a completely unrelated "music video" for which we were also never paid (I think this is the "promo video" this "other" person refers to).

News flash to whomever wrote the previous comment: We all signed a contract to work on the actual film, and we all worked hours (we prayed we would be paid for) and then were strong-armed into doing a bunk "music video", for Da Vinci's ex girlfriend's horrible music, wherein our crew had to complain to be fed BASIC CRAFT SERVICES and water.

This man is NOT a legitimate director, writer (he CLAIMS to have gone to Harvard, but he can barely even utter an intelligible sentence, and his script is painfully written in an incredibly remedial and indescribable way, with NO proof-reading or edits having been done).

Don't just walk, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN away from this man.  If you really need more proof, I can furnish plenty.  Yes, I am disgruntled, because I am a professional in my field and I work very hard, JUST NOT FOR FREE!

I quit after I was finally fed up with his shenanigans, and I know of at least one actor who is still involved who can't get away but wishes he had never ever even gotten involved.

False and Inaccurate Report

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I know the disgruntle person who was fired from the set and filed this report.

It is very unfortunate as Davinci is a great guy!

I worked on the set as a Production Co-ordinator and I handle time sheets and I worked with Laura who handled payroll processing. I am attaching a file showing many copies of processed checks.

Davinci was the Director of a promotional shoot for his upcoming movie. He did not hire any crew members. He hired a 3rd party Line Producer, who in turn, hired the entire crew! And she was responsible for ensuring everyone got paid.

There were literally over 50 crew members and virtually everyone was paid through ADP Payroll Services.

The person who wrote this report had a bad attitude and disrespected everyone repeatedly on-set. Davinci eventually went to the production manager and requested she remove him from the production.

Davinci was very cordial to everyone. This was his first film so he relied on his production team with the details. He hired no crew members, but ensured everyone submitted by me and the Line Producer was paid. And I know that for a fact! Maybe this asshole didn't get paid after he was fired. Nor, did he deserve any pay. He should be sued as he disrupted the entire production!

AD SPONSOR: