Complaint Review: Dart Transit

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By:Barnesville Georgia
Dart Transit
dartadvantage.com Eagan, Minnesota U.S.A.

Dart Transit Ripoffs in time and money and then will ruin dac report. Eaganeagan Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: DART IS A GREAT COMPANY TO LEASE TO

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Agree

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Driver23018 - Vandalia (U.S.A.)

*UPDATE Employee: Poor pretip planing

What ever you do,do not work for this company. They truck that I got had a oil leak the first day. I still have to pay for that day also. Second week dpch who has never drove a truck was saying that I had to stop for the day even though logbook was clean and upto date. Start of 3 week truck again is in the shop until wednesday. First trip out of the shop they give me a load at 1300 and it does not pick up until 2100 and does not get loaded until 2330. Mind you that dart made the appt. and it is to deliver at 1100 the next day some 400 miles away. Well there is your 14 hour day so legally you can not deliver. But with dart my time for the day started at 1300 even thou did not start driving until 2330 I did drive over there from the shop so that is when they say my day started. But I sit allday an not making no money and I get fired for doing my job and making delivery. Then it is reported on my dac as such of a violation of hours of service. They kept all my money. I made a grand total of 400 for 3 weeks of work. The first week I was in orientation which you dont get paid for. I hope that they go out of business like they made me.

Richard
Barnesville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2008 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dart-Transit/Eagan-Minnesota/Dart-Transit-Ripoffs-in-time-and-money-and-then-will-ruin-dac-report-Eaganeagan-Minnesota-385450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dart Transit

DART IS A GREAT COMPANY TO LEASE TO

AUTHOR: KRISTINA - ()

I RECENTLY WENT TO COURT WITH A YOUNG TOM TALMADGE WHO NOW NOW HAS A WARRANT FOR ARREST IN BASTROP TEXAS .  HE REPORTED LIES REGARDING DART AN AFTER INVESTIGATION I FOUND THAT DART IS AN EXTREMETLY PROFESSIONAL COMPANY.  SOUNDS LIKE YOU ENDED UP NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK AS A INDEPENDANT - MUCH LIKE A YOUNG TOM TALMAGE WHO WAS FIRED FOR "LACK OF COMMUNICAITON"   PERHAPS YOU NEED TO REVIEW YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND STOP BLAMING DART FOR YOUR ISSUES.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Agree

AUTHOR: Driver52421 - (United States of America)

I worked for Dart 3 diff times. The first time I leased a truck thru HS, leases are not for everybody, I didn't make much money but then I didn't run as hard as I should have. My fault. The second time I went the Company route, Dartco, being a company man is NOT for me, and nobody had much time for the fleet mang. at the time. The third time I brought my own truck on, and did dam good, your the boss, you deside your fate like with ANY O/O company. It helps to get along with your dispatcher also, I had Chad during the day, not sure if he ever accually drove truck or not but it didn't seem like it, but you will have that anywhere. In the three months I contracted there I made a decent amount of money, but being gone from home at the time just wasnt workin, so I found a buyer for my truck and made $6000 on it plus made money for three months with it. If I have the desire to go back over the road DART TRANSIT will be the one for me. I know sounds kinda lame but hey it is what it is. LOL!!     PS If anyone finds the "PERFECT" company PLEASE PLEASE let the rest of us know. ;-)

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Driver23018 - Vandalia (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: Shinobiteacher1 - (United States of America)

Right on!!!!
I am glad that I am not the only contractor that actually enjoyed working with Dart.
But this complaint just prove a point I made in another complaint.

90% of the complaints on Dart are by contractors that leased a (HS) truck.
You may be barking up the wrong tree.

However,1 thing I did find out is that you have to bugged dispatch a little from time to time. Just to let them know that you are ready to run... And don't be afraid to say NO!

Poor pretip planing

AUTHOR: Driver23018 - (U.S.A.)

My title says it all but let me explain for those non drivers who read this.

Richard said that the load was given to him at 1300 and he started driving to the shipper after that for a load that was not going to be loaded until 2100 thats 8 hours plenty of time to know that if i start drivin im wastin time. one thing i dont know is how far away to pick up he was but lets say its 100 miles. When should he have left? i would say 1800 would have saved him 5 hours on the 14 hour rule. That would have been 2 hours drive and 1 hour for any problems you would have averaged 50mph pretty slow so plenty of time if you have a lead foot. Another thing that i noticed was that from 1300 to 1100 the next day is 14 hours so whats the problem? As far as the oil leak is concerned did you actually open the hood up before you signed the contract? Did you inspect the truck cuz once you sign the contract its your problem now. if you didnt like the truck you should have asked for a diff one or refused to work for them whats so hard about that?
Oh and as for the 2nd week thing of having a clean and up to date log book i think 100% of drivers have that already but if you are talking a legal log book those are two diffrent things.
I have worked for dart now for over a year and i have responded to other posts about dart also, Dart IS NOT FOR EVERYONE it takes a little more work and that means comunication with your fleet manager, a good pre plan for the trip and safe and legal logging if you dont want the load then just say "NO" its easy i know you can do it. Maybee you were just used to being that company driver to long and wasnt able to say it.
I also would like to say i drive 55-60 mph low to no idling and i make the money i need to make.