Complaint Review: DasCheap Inc

• Updated: Wed, April 13, 2011

• Reported By: Johnathan — Jackson Heights New York USA
DasCheap Inc
675 Brea Canyon Road Suite 9 Walnut, California United States of America

DasCheap Inc Dave Scarpitta False Advertisement Scam Services Walnut, California

*Consumer Comment: The owner of that company is suspect to say the least.

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Unwilling to Accept Anything.

I originally wanted to order a ps3 version of this item:

On this page it showed a video for the ps3 version and I incorrectly ordered the item. After i noticed the confirmation page I quickly tried to contact them and cancel my order but there was no page setup to do so, there was no working number to call at that time in which the number was changed to a now automated number that lets you leave a voice mail and asks for an extension. I spoke to someone eventually named "Christian" who identified himself as the customer service manager. Originally after I contacted them they tried to charge me a restocking fee when I had no means of contact to get this resolved. He waived the restocking fee and said he would set me up with an even exchange and to send the item back. I printed out the form and filled it out and when the item arrived I had set up to send it back. It was shown it was received and signed for at their location by a person named Troy:

FedEx Tracking: 398849670106146

After this I been calling and contacting them for the past 48 hours and received no reply. It is now Wednesday March 30 2011 and Still No calls about my issue. But they did send me an email asking to review the product that was incorrectly sent to me. And still No service. I would never deal with this company again.

I just received an email and call after writing this:

We're sorry you are upset about this, but the item was JUST received. It hasn't even been processed by an agent yet. It takes on average about 5-7 business days to process an RMA for a return or replacement. The item sent to you was exactly what was showcased on the product page and the add to cart. The video shown is a courtesy to show you the style product/ it's an actual interview. However the page, the invoice and even the URL says XBOX 360. We are doing our best to accommodate you by waiving the fees however this is time it does take to rectify it for you.

Then spoke with Christian again and we spoke briefly about the ordeal and indeed they will be sending me the ps3 version waiving all cost and shipping which is the item i originally intended to get. I am happy with the resolution and a bit dismayed at it took elevating it to get it resolved. They did send me the stick but kept telling me they would send only after I edited this review or remove the negative comments. I don't adhere to Blackmail So Im going to add the rest of the emails here to show everyone else that orders from this company. These are things to be aware of.

Now I received an email from a david and when I spoke to a Christian on the phone and he disavowed any knowledge of that persons existence so was going to disregard any emails from this address. But then he sent me this:

Actually he wasn't sure who you were talking about because he does not handle the Reseller Ratings monitoring. Also, just so you know I also happen to be the guy in the video that talks about the PS3 version of the stick. They forwarded your issue up to me because of the confusion you had so they let me know so I can help them rectify it to avoid any future issues like this from happening. I would appreciate since I work so hard to present the products in a positive informative light, that you please totally revise the rating as it still features quite the negative connotations. I'm sorry you got confused, but honestly we make those videos to help people, not to hurt them. As for Christian, he will be seeing your amicable replacement gets out later today/tomorrow.

They did send out the PS3 Stick so i will update this review when it arrives on the condition and quality which Im 100% sure will be excellent. The only gripe is getting someone on the phone and the underhanded dealings of that of the fees they were trying to charge me before I elevated the issue here and with a complaint to the BBB. There was initially a 20% restocking fee that they were going to charge me when after my first trying to contact them was waived when it was going to be an even exchange. Then they were going to charge me shipping a second time when I wasnt able to reach anyone after my initial order to cancel and change it when it was well within the time that there phone support was operational as there in California and Im in NYC so therefor there is a 3 hour time difference and my Order shows March 2nd, 2011 at 04:03pm So 3 hours prior would be 1:03PM and Well between there 9am 5pm Customer Service times. And I wasnt able to reach anyone at all, Instead I got a message after the item had shipped from there customer service department about the restocking fee if I was to send it back. When I tried very much so to stop and cancel the order but due to not being able to get in contact with anyone this is what I was stuck with. I did send it back and as stated above it was received by them. And still they wanted again to hit me with another fee this time wanting me to pay to ship out the original intended item when none of this would have happened if I was able to get in contact with someone to begin with. My experience wasnt as great as I hoped it would be but everyone is different.
But it is alarming just like some of the other reviews here about Dascheap that unless you go the extra mile its almost impossible to reach a live person. Also there online web chat interface always says its busy and to keep waiting. As the day in question I had it on and kept clicking continue to wait for about 4 hours before giving up. To the people who had good experiences, I envy you and am glad that things did turn out well. I dont see myself ordering from them again because of this ordeal but others just tread lightly.

The Actual Stick arrived and it was someone elses Return. It even contained there invoice IN the box. I should not have access to anyone elses Shipping & Billing information at all. I've reached out to them to let them know because it is wrong to show an item as new and give out a returned item. They are a complete scam and I think they should be shut down. I am filing a BBB Complaint and have already contacted Ripoff Report. Everyone Stay Away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DasCheap-Inc/Walnut-California-91789/DasCheap-Inc-Dave-Scarpitta-False-Advertisement-Scam-Services-Walnut-California-714319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DasCheap Inc

The owner of that company is suspect to say the least.

AUTHOR: srkelite - (United States of America)

I'm from a forum that know all too well about the owner of this company.

Google his name or try searching for his name with the words "shots fired" after it to see an
old case that this guy was accused of.. he's a certified nutjob

Customer Unwilling to Accept Anything.

AUTHOR: DasCheap - (United States of America)

1 - Customer Ordered Wrong Product When Item Was Clearly Displayed and Pictured as Correct Product that he received.

2 - "Watching Video on Bottom of Page" in it's entirety mentions the system that the product in the video is for.

3 - We WAIVED ALL FEES despite it being his mistake and even replaced the item with The Product He Should Have Ordered on our own accord and didn't even Charge Him Additional Shipping.

4 - Replacement Product Did Not Contain "Sensitive Billing Information" as all of our correspondence is order ID and Ship To Address. That's it.

5 - Customer Has Buyer's Remorse in Which We Told Him To Send The Item Back and We Would Refund Him The Price Minus Shipping. He had CHOSEN NOT TO. He just wanted to "file reports".

6 - Customer was corresponded with a multiple amount of times by phone and email. He did not like the fact that he was not answered immediately when we received his return even though we had just received the item less than 3 business days.

7 - Customer refuses any contact via phone.

8 - Customer currently has his product and we have closed his case.