Complaint Review: Dascheap.com

• Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Squidward — las vegas Nevada United States of America
Dascheap.com
675 brea canyon rd #9 walnut, California United States of America

Dascheap.com das cheap, das cheap seems to be a phantom store walnut, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Das Cheap Reviews - Positive Consumer Reviews Available

*Consumer Comment: dascheap.com reviews seem to be from in house

*Author of original report: I guess they have a load of competitors making false statements..

*UPDATE Employee: Cosistent Fake Competitor Poster

I think this is a kid's failed school project store.

I order a Retron system and get no package. Yet I gave my credit card and everything, my first mistake. I then noticed that the security icons were all inactive icons with no proof of authenticity.

I tried to call when I didn't recieve my item in 4 days and I kept getting this corny canned answer machine. No body gets back to me.. it's like a friggin phantom site.

I check online and it seems they do videos but yet I get no response from the store itself. I have sent an email and am waiting for a response. These guys have my card number now.

We'll see...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dascheapcom/walnut-California-91788/Dascheapcom-das-cheap-das-cheap-seems-to-be-a-phantom-store-walnut-California-640443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dascheap.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Das Cheap Reviews - Positive Consumer Reviews Available

AUTHOR: DasCheap - (United States of America)

Hello everyone reading this.

I would like to come onto this forum to communicate what exactly Das Cheap is, and level the "questionable" site reputation that may have you reading this.

- Where is Das Cheap Located?

We are in Southern California in the Los Angeles area. We have multiple offices here for administration. However we ship from our different facilities in the US from, TX, NV, CA, WI, NC and even PA.

With this in mind, please understand, we don't have a "store" for you to come in and return items, or pickup will-call, or just to stop by to see if there is something in stock. So as a rebuttal to the accusations of "phantom store" is, that we are an online company and at this time do not have any type of retail environment for you to purchase our cheap discount products. Those are more than welcome to pass by and say Hello, though they're is nothing we can do for you other than pointing you directly back to the site in regards to any shipping or fulfillment questions.

- Is Das Cheap in the Unites States?

Yes, Das Cheap is an American owned and operated company. We don't outsource calls, and all business phone hours are handled on Pacific Standard Time, Monday thru Friday. 11am-7pm PST.

So this means, your call is handled by a Das Cheap staffed US employee on the Pacific Standard Time, after these hours (or during heavy holiday seasons) you may be asked to "leave a message" in the event our lines are busy.  Since we don't outsource, your calls would resolve in house.

- What are the Manned Hours of Operation
?

We are available between 11am-7pm PST via phone or direct email within the Monday-Friday schedule. All emails/calls after this time will be handled accordingly the next available business day.

- Are you BBB  (Better Business Bureau) Certified?

- We are registered with the BBB and compliant of any of their requests. But there is a misconception that the BBB is a government service that is free. However the BBB is not, and the majority of their ratings depend upon the level of "finance" that you are at, and what kind of paid contribution you make to change your rating. Hence the rating is skewed quite a bit for many merchants that don't pay them like us.

we are simply stating that we honor all requests from the BBB and that if a report is filed we respond to the request.

- What is the Das Cheap Return Policy?

Our policy is posted on our site on the footer on all pages throughout. We try to accommodate returns as modestly as possible, however please understand that we are a heavy discount retailer, and that there may be fees associated with your return. There is also fees for processing an order in the event it "just has been shipped", as there are expenses with picking, packing, charging, and processing your order. We'd be more than happy to explain these charges to you if you contact us directly. However all returns are subject to these fees in order to keep our prices low to all our customers.

- Why does Das Cheap Have Negative Customer Reviews?

We service thousands of customers daily. We appreciate all business both big and small, however the old saying goes is that "you can't make everyone happy".  We firmly believe in this ideal. As we truly offer the best customer service to everyone, though at times buyer's remorse or those that choose to not understand the policies we have in place are displaced by this.  We are very clear and concise in our communication of our processes, though when sometimes the expectation is out of our control, or there is technical mis-understanding, the first place to go is online and write a "negative review".

Many people choose to not write reviews for all the good servicing that has been done as expected, however we do appreciate those that do take the time out to write about there positive consumer review experience at Das Cheap.

- Is Das Cheap a Secure Site?

Yes, we are extremely secure. We are on the same technology that all major online commerce venues use to transact business. We are SSL encrypted, and have payment gateways as well with Paypal.

- Do you charge before you ship?

No, we don't charge until we are ready to ship the package, however you are AUTHORIZED. Many consumers aren't told by their banks what an Authorization is. So let me help explain:

An authorization is an invisible hold on your debit/check card because you used your card in a similar fashion as a credit card. Instead of holding an amount against your credit limit, it's held against your real funds/money in your account.

Many think that "they have been charged immediately", however this is just an DEBIT/CHECK CARD AUTHORIZATION and will disappear / dropoff and be brought back into your account in the event your order is not processed or is canceled due to a specific reason communicated to you.

We have ZERO control on how the above works, and the monies can be put back on your account anywhere from 2-14 days depending on your banking establishment policies and procedures.

- Why Are Your Prices So Low, Is There a Membership Fee? Is it Legit?

Das Cheap is indeed legit.  We don't charge any type of recurring or membership fees. Our prices are low because we don't have a store for pickup, and we don't outsource calls, and we have a straightforward return policy. We also buy in bulk, and we have fostered many good relationships directly with the product manufacturers for the products we sell.

Hopefully some of the above can help answers any questions you may have. Also, you always can call us before placing an order if you have any questions in particular.

Thanks again for letting me come on this forum to clarify any of the common Das Cheap questions.

David Scarpitta

CEO - Das Cheap Inc.

dascheap.com reviews seem to be from in house

AUTHOR: LadyInterrupted6 - (United States of America)

Website seems fraudulent to me. Reasons why:

-Illegal use of BBB compliant logo

- When you click the "100% Protected" button to verify their authenticity, you get linked to a page from their own domain when a REAL GENUINE verification links to domain name "Authorize.net" as that's where their seal is from. FRAUD!!!!!

- Let's you download illegal Nintendo ROMS to your pc.

- MOST OF THE REVIEWS and RATINGS for dascheap.com you find on the NET are from the CREATORS of the website. BE CAUTIOUS.

I guess they have a load of competitors making false statements..

AUTHOR: Squidward - (United States of America)

I ordered the retron in August so I guess that's the answer to my no-show order. It's nice to hear that it's out of stock on here and not get a phone call, email, anything.

It's an excuse for them to claim "this is a false statement by competitors" instead of actually being responsible and running a straight up business or even picking up a phone call once in a while.

Here is a link to other customers or as das says "competitors" who have issues with them.

(((ROR redacted)))

I wish I could send Chuck Norris to this for me.

Cosistent Fake Competitor Poster

AUTHOR: DasCheap - (United States of America)

This is a fake complaint by a competing online retailer. It's unfortunate nowadays that companies have to resort to truly unethical tactics in a poor attempt to gain market-share instead of going about a better business model to raise their awareness. The person responsible for posting this complaint has made other false accusations on other public forums just to get kicked off for not being able to prove the authenticity of the complaint.

No order was placed for this item as the item in question has been out of stock for over a month. This "phantom customer" unfortunately continue to troll the internet public forums in the hopes of digital domination. On every site the "phantom customer" chooses to post fake order information as well as contact information because if we ever had an issue with a customer (which we never have) then we'd have more than a ton of solutions to rectify any mis-communication regarding that situation but instead the order number isn't real and the name/contact info doesn't exist. We have recorded the IP address of the fake poster and report it to google for banning. Anyone reading this can rest assured that this report is far from real. Thanks for reading.