illness

• Submitted: Tue, January 12, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Clark — Maylene Alabama United States of America
Data Depot- DataDepot or DataDepot.biz
6822 22nd Avenue North Suite 284, Saint Petersburg, Internet United States of America

Data Depot- DataDepot or DataDepot.biz Mailing List False Advertising/Fraud Internet

*Consumer Comment: very happy 1.9% open rate

Several months ago, I purchased a mailing list from Data Depot big mistake as it turned out - they just took my money and never provided the promised information.

Their website listed the data elements they promised and it appeared to be just what I needed.  Once I received the mailing list, I found that they had not included the City certainly an important element in a mailing list dont you think?  I contacted them several times before finally receiving a response that there must be something wrong with my computer.  Absurd it was a data file downloaded from an FTP site.  Didnt require any programs to run or anything.  I contacted them several more times and they simply refused to respond and they refused to provide a refund.

I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau what a waste of time.  Ive come to the conclusion after this and a previous encounter with the BBB that it is not worth the effort and time.  Data Depot responded that they dont guarantee the accuracy of the data and I agreed to that when I purchased the mailing list.  True, I do understand that they cannot possibly guarantee the accuracy of the data as addresses change fequently in some cases; however, I did not agree to purchase a mailing list totally missing a promissed data element (city).

I then filed a complaint with the State of Florida Division of Consumer Affairs.  Data Depot simply refused to respond to them and they closed the file with no action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Data-Depot-DataDepot-or-DataDepotbiz/internet/Data-Depot-DataDepot-or-DataDepotbiz-Mailing-List-False-AdvertisingFraud-Internet-553536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Data Depot- DataDepot or DataDepot.biz

very happy 1.9% open rate

AUTHOR: christianne - (United States of America)

We gave Data Depot a shot.  Seeing Companies like Constant Contact etcc wont even allow you to send emails.  And give you a hard time if you get any complaints. We Sent out 200,000 emails and we received a 1.9%open rate.  My manager was very happy and we sold over 15 cars on our first campaign.  We have renewd the service for the last 6 months.