Complaint Review: Data Depot, DataDepot

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: datadepotsucks — Wilson North Carolina USA
Data Depot, DataDepot
www.datadepot.biz Saint Petersburg, Florida United States of America

Data Depot, DataDepot Datadepot.biz is a complete scam. Saint Petersburg, Florida

What a idiot I'm for not checking here first and doing business over the internet with someone I had no reference for.  I ordered a list, so that I could more effectively target businesses in my immediate area by email.  I was not looking to spam 10,000 people, but just wanted a better way to obtain the 100 to 200 email addresses I was looking for without calling everyone directly.

What I received from these bozos is a list of junk.  Over 1/3 were duplicate emails (again not that big a deal because I wasn't looking for volume).  After I deleted the duplicates, I narrowed down the list to my targeted city.  I then noticed most of the emails were for Realtors and being in the real estate business I also noticed most of the email addresses were incorrect, but I figured with the way Realtors have been falling out again no big deal.  Most of the list was categorized incorrectly or not given a business category at all, that was the first big deal.

After spending several hours uploading what I thought were a good 100 emails and seperating out miscategorized junk and email addresses that were invalid, and then writing emails to each category (I sent out a different email for about every 10 people), I sent my emails.  To my surprise I received about 80% of the emails back.  So between the 1/3 that were duplicates and the 80% that bounced back, a full 14% should get to an email box.  Seems kind of low to me.

The next morning I immediately sent an email addressing my concerns about the list and asking for a refund and was told no way.  I was told my server must be blacklisted(funny how my emails have never come back before).  Then they wouldn't take my calls, then I would call from another number and they would leave me on hold for 10 minutes and then hang up, and then not take my call from that number.  Scott and Amy are both rude and I can only guess they are somehow related and know the company they are operating is ripping people off.

If you want to work with rude people, who waste your time, who put out junk list, then call the clowns at datadepot.biz.  If you are in the market for an actual working list, I would look around and check this site first for fraudsters like datadepot.biz.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Data-Depot-DataDepot/Saint-Petersburg-Florida-33710/Data-Depot-DataDepot-Datadepotbiz-is-a-complete-scam-Saint-Petersburg-Florida-499188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Data Depot, DataDepot