Complaint Review: DatesNow.com PTY Ltd. - PZest.com

• Updated: Sat, March 06, 2004

• Reported By:Kingston Other
DatesNow.com PTY Ltd. - PZest.com
Www.datesnow.com Nationwide U.S.A.

DatesNow.com PTY Ltd. & PZest.com Ripoff! They threatened that I shouldn't call my credit card company or else I would be charged further. Brisbrane Australia Internet *Consumer Comment ..*EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

*Consumer Suggestion: Future Credit Card Tips

*Consumer Suggestion: Datesnow customer service phone number, you may get some relief.

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't ever give your credit card out over the netfor any reason unless it's a well knowen company like Amazon.com

*Consumer Comment: Highway Robbery

*Consumer Comment: Stealing is one of the 10 commandments

While surfing the net, I went on a site which asked for age verification. I was asked for credit card details to verify my age. After giving the info, I received an email from PZest.com telling about charges and I also got a threat that I shouldn't call my credit card company or else I will be charges further.

On my next bill I saw a charge for Pzest and another Datesnow. I somehow cancelled the memebership with Pzest.com but the datesnow.com charge still showed up on my credit card bill after the first charge. Really need some help to get back my money. From all indications, I shouldn't have been charged any at all. Help!

Gawain
Kingston
Jamaica

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish you file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it is their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Rip-off Report has logged, as of today, 3,788 e-mailed complaints. Additionally, several of the actual Rip-off Reports filed contain numerous victims.

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/comptroller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! File your Rip-off Report.. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2004 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DatesNowcom-PTY-Ltd-PZestcom/nationwide/DatesNowcom-PTY-Ltd-PZestcom-Ripoff-They-threatened-that-I-shouldnt-call-my-credit-79049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DatesNow.com PTY Ltd. - PZest.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Future Credit Card Tips

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

Most credit card companies offer one time use credit card numbers, which are easily obtainable if you set up an online account for your credit card. Though your credit card may receive one bogus charge by using this (which is still disputable)... it will prevent many future bogus charges to your card. This is a very effective way to prevent companies from signing you up, unknowingly, for clubs or online memberships.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Datesnow customer service phone number, you may get some relief.

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

The customer service telephone # i 1-800-351-5654.

Call that number to cancel any additional charges and dispute charges to your account. They will not cancel all charges but you may get some relief. Also contact your credit card company to record your dispute. After logging your dispute the credit card company may not honor any further charges from datesnow. You can also cancel your credit card without a forwarding new account #. Don't pay anyfurther charges that you may be billed for.

I hope this info is helpful. I too was ripped off but by calling soon after the charges were posted to my credit card I was able to stop further losses.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Hey I went through the same thing. I had to try to dispute the charge and it came back legit then the following month, They tripled the charge on my card for whatever reason and so I called my credit card company again and this time we charged them back all the charges and canceled my card to reissue a new one and they can not charge to the acct anymore. I know it's a pain in the rear but companys like this should be raided and charged in criminal court for fraud at the very least.

Tip: Don't ever give your credit card out over the netfor any reason unless it's a well knowen company like Amazon.com. If you buy stuff online, Use a checking acct that's setup for that meaning keep only the amount in there for the purchase that way if someone trys to scam you then get nothing and you can always cancel a debit card and reissue a new one :)

Highway Robbery

AUTHOR: David - (Australia)

I have been charged on my credit card 3 or 4 times by Datesnow pty ltd for a service I never subscripted to, yes I was asked for my credit card details, of which, I submitted (fool) but I didn't go ahead with the transaction and I am now been charged a fee for that service. can anyone please help me to cancel any further payments for going ahead or if possible to be reimbured for the amounts taken from my CC ?

AUTHOR: Sheri - (U.S.A.)

I recently recieved my bank statement with a$$39.95 charge on it. Not ordering anything or even using the internet since before xmas, I was immediately concerned and called the bank to stop any further charges. This is very disturbing. $40.00 is a lot to throw away on nothing. WHAT IS IT?!!!!! Stealing is one of the 10 commandments and that is exactly what was done. God is watching. I wish PZEST.COM would please credit my account at once.