Complaint Review: DatingAffair.com

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Union City California United States of America
DatingAffair.com

DatingAffair.com belongs to some group of sites, linked to TryDating.com. a whois search comes up empty as they go through a proxy service to hide their details, another sign of scam Site with fake accounts of women. Populated with bots, the women's city in profile changes constantly. It's a pay site, so bilking the customer with empty promises. Internet

When I first signed up, I didn't complete my registration right away. When I returned to complete it, 4 "women" had already messaged me before I had even made a profile. That was a pretty big tip off, but I thought it was simply the case of spammers.

So I started browsing profiles, especially the online profiles of the women. I messaged a couple (and it's difficult to do any messaging without having to pay, you can only send off emails if you aren't yet a subscriber) with no response, but that actually is pretty typical of even regular dating sites. However, when I looked in the picture comments from men, they were all from different parts of the country saying things like "Oh I see you are close by!" They would state where they're from, or leave a number with an area code that is obviously out of state. Some had already caught on and were saying things like, "here in Florida today, wonder where she'll be tomorrow?"

I don't mind paying for a feature; how would sites operate otherwise? But I expect fair play. If I'm going to have no chance, not because of my own character defects, but because there's nobody actually on the other side, that's just theft. How many men have been cheated already? This site will probably quietly close its doors when presented with legal action, and since it's operation are probably overseas, will just walk away with impugnity and all these poor saps' money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DatingAffaircom/internet/DatingAffaircom-belongs-to-some-group-of-sites-linked-to-TryDatingcom-a-whois-search-c-975121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DatingAffair.com