Complaint Review: D.a.v. Thrift Store

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 18, 2008

• Reported By:bass lake California
D.a.v. Thrift Store
701 N. Van Ness Fresno, California U.S.A.

D.a.v. Thrift Store was charged for something I never purchased Fresno California

I purchased some items at the aforementioned thrift store and when I was told what the total would be, I thought it seemed a bit high as I had pretty much added up all the items. I thought maybe I had forgotten something, but paid the amount and would sort things out when I got home.

This was a 110 mile round trip for me and I had forgotten my glasses so was not able to read the fine print.

Later that evening, I was matching up the items to the receipt and noticed there was a charge for "electrical" for $14.95. I never purchased anything electrical, nor did I purchase anything else for that amount!

This is not the first time this has happened. I generally won't complain if it is just a small amount, but now I am getting upset about this kind of thing!

The receipts don't detail as to what each item is. It's bad enough that it is getting to the point where most of the things in this thrift store have had the prices jacked up so far as to the point where one can purchase items at stores selling NEW merchandise for less than what some of these thrift stores are charging, but to have these sneaky employees hitting keys they shouldn't be is outrageous! Especially when one can't prove anything unless they pull everything out of bags and check every item!

There are a lot of veterans in my family and the town I live in, people know I always donate things and are constantly bringing me things to take to this thrift store. There is a reason for donating and a reason thrift stores are supposed to be inexpensive, and I find this incident highly offensive!

I do not steal from this store, so why should they steal from me?!!!!!

This may seem like a piddly amount, but if these employees do this to everyone, just think of the money they are potentially pocketing!

bass lake, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dav-Thrift-Store/Fresno-California/Dav-Thrift-Store-was-charged-for-something-I-never-purchased-Fresno-California-392529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D.a.v. Thrift Store