Complaint Review: Dave Brown "The Hatter" Custom Hats

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: jimi — gaithersburg Maryland United States of America
Dave Brown "The Hatter" Custom Hats
3054 Henrietta Road Rochester, New York United States of America

Dave Brown "The Hatter" Custom Hats Brownie Brothers Dry Cleaning Plant took the money, never made the hat...no refund ... He's a ripoff!!! Rochester, New York

In September of 2009,  for my birthday my wife's family purchased a gift certificate for a custom hat to be made by Dave Brown. They rceived a "Gift Certificate".

In November of 2009 I called Mr. Brown and we agreed on the type of hat he would make for me. I received an email stating that the hat would be shipped when completed.

When I had heard nothing from him by January of 2010, I called and emailed to follow up.  I heard nothing, so I sent an email stating that I wanted to end the process and go to another hat maker. Mr. Brown emailed me and stated that he had cancer and was behind on his orders.  He further stated that he would be caught up shortly and I would receive the hat at that time.

Throught the Spring and Summer of 2010 my sister in law, who originally ordered the "Gift Certificate" followed up several times attempting to get her money back.  Mr. Brown never responded.

It is now April of 2011, I don't have a hat, and my wife's family never received a refund.

Dave Brwon is dishonest.  Do not give Dave Brown one dollar of your money!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 04:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dave-Brown-The-Hatter-Custom-Hats/Rochester-New-York-/Dave-Brown-The-Hatter-Custom-Hats-Brownie-Brothers-Dry-Cleaning-Plant-took-the-money-ne-711776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dave Brown "The Hatter" Custom Hats