Complaint Review: Dave Parks

• Submitted: Sat, April 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, October 22, 2009

• Reported By:Columbia South Carolina
Dave Parks
10070 Bethal Church Road Midland, South Carolina U.S.A.

Dave Parks Stole my parts and money! Midland South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It's amazing how people forget to up-date!!!!!

Called Dave Park In March 2009 about chroming some parts for my Mustang. He offered to do them for me and since I was coming up from Columbia, SC to attend the April auto show at Concord, NC I thought it would be a good idea since he was right down the road. I got to his so called business and as I drove up my wife turned to me and asked me if I really wanted my parts completed by this guy, "just look at this place!" I finally found Dave Parks and showed him what I had to chrome.

Dave quoted me a price of $80 and $10 for shipping. I agreed and he them proceeded to give me a tour of his backyard business. I can say that it was a pretty scary sight but since there are no businesses in South Carolina that chrome plate and I was already suckered here, I decided to leave the parts there. Dave promised me the parts would be completed in the next two days and that he would ship them back to me. I sent the final payment a couple days later after he stated he would ship them on Wednesday and call me with all the tracking information.

Since then, I have talked to him and his wife and they both promised me different days of shipment every time. I have since called multiple times to ask about the parts and he refuses to answer the phone. I will have to make a special unannounced stop to his backyard business when I come back up to Concord for the Nascar race in mid May.

Brett b
Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2009 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dave-Parks/Midland-South-Carolina-28107/Dave-Parks-Stole-my-parts-and-money-Midland-South-Carolina-444831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dave Parks

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It's amazing how people forget to up-date!!!!!

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Brett received his parts the same week he complained.  He was happy and his parts looked great.  He never even mentioned that he had listed this report....and he also forgot to come back and amend.  That's just the way people are...