Complaint Review: Dave's D & I Auto And Truck Repair

• Submitted: Wed, November 16, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 16, 2005

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Dave's D & I Auto And Truck Repair
12609 N 46th Dr Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

David Jeschonek Ripoff sleazy and lousy mechanic Glendale Arizona

I purchased a Toyota Four Runner with a warranty already attached to the vehicle from Vince Acosta and Benny Acosta. A month later my engine (which was under David Jeschonek's warranty- a close friend of the Acosta family) needed work done, due to a purchase that I would soon come to regret. Without hesitation, I brought the vehicle to David Jeschonek's house. David ran his business (Dave's D & I Car and Truck Repair) out of his house, while working a full time job, or so he said. The car was promised to be completed with-in a month, which I soon found four months later that my car would not be completed by David. Throughout the months David never answered his phones, and rarely returned phone calls. When he would call there was always an excuse why the vehicle was not done. I asked David to return the vehicle, his excuse (which had been the same month after month) was that it was in pieces and it would be finished by next Monday.

I work in Phoenix, but I live in Tempe. The drive every morning is quiet long, and a bus ride is simply out of the question. At this point I had been without a car for work for 4 months. At this time, the professionalism had long lost its value. The endless taxi rides and friend car pools pushed me over the edge. At this point, I called David and threatened him that I was calling the Maricopa County Police if my car was not left on the side of the road so AAA could tow it). I went up to Glendale (where David's house is located) and checked to see if my car was on the side of the street and called AAA to come tow it. Upon arrival I checked the vehicle and noticed that my interior had been stained, my transmission parts, engine parts, and radiator were just sitting in the backseat of my car. (Along with an empty 6 pack of beer which was not mine!) The original problems with my car complications I was told were $1500. After my car was towed to SunDevil Auto my new expenses (after David added a couple) now total $3000, not including the damages to my interior.

I would never recommend purchasing a car from the Acosta family or going to David Jeschonek for auto services. This has been a nightmare, and a lesson that I am still learning from!

Josh
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2005 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daves-D-I-Auto-And-Truck-Repair/Glendale-Arizona-85034/David-Jeschonek-Ripoff-sleazy-and-lousy-mechanic-Glendale-Arizona-164800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dave's D & I Auto And Truck Repair