Complaint Review: Davey Tree Expert Co

• Reported By: Joseph S — Belleville Michigan USA
Davey Tree Expert Co
1500 N Mantua St Kent, Ohio United States of America

Davey Tree Expert Co Destroyed my tree Kent, Ohio

Davey Tree was contracted by my local utility company, DTE Energy, to trim the tree in my front yard away from the power lines.  They basically destroyed a tree that had stood in place for fifty years.  The day after they trimmed the tree, half of it collapsed into my yard, blocking my driveway. Two weeks after I contacted Davey Tree, they sent someone out to give me an estimate of over $6000 to remove the rest of the tree.  I told them to leave the rest of the tree alone, and to remove the brush that was left behind.  The cost to remove the brush on the ground: $240.00.  That's a lot of money for ten minutes worth of work, considering that I had to cut up and remove the trunk of the collapsed part that was blocking my driveway.  The tree wouldn't have fallen had Davey Tree Expert Co. not butchered it so badly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davey-Tree-Expert-Co/Kent-Ohio-44240/Davey-Tree-Expert-Co-Destroyed-my-tree-Kent-Ohio-977908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davey Tree Expert Co