Complaint Review: David Hatton/Corner Light Studios

• Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Amy — PHOENIX Arizona United States of America
David Hatton/Corner Light Studios
17505 N 79th Ave Suite 205B Glendale, Arizona United States of America

David Hatton/Corner Light Studios David Hatton doesn't fulfill his contracts and bounces checks Glendale , Arizona

David Hatton hired me as a consultant to handle his branding in Social Media. He was a referral from a friend. He signed a 6-month contract for my services. I required a retainer plus the first month of payment upon commencement of services.

His first check bounced, which is illegal. He claimed that a client stopped payment of a check of $7000, which caused his checks to bounce. It took him a month to pay me back. My bank charged me for the bounced check. He never paid that back.

At the time, I sent him numerous emails and texts and left a few voicemails. He never got back to me until a couple weeks later. He said he'd have a solution for me the next day. I never heard back from him. He claimed that my emails weren't getting through, but I know that's not true because he had responded to them in the past. He probably blocked them.

At this time, he owes me $2400, which would be all the months of services that were in the contract, which is for 6 months. I stopped sending invoices when I got no response. I offered him a payment plan. If he would have accepted that, I would have been willing to just cancel the contract myself. That's not the type of client I want to have.

From what I've been told, he did this to people while still in the mortgage business a few years ago. I wish I had known that before taking him on as a client.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-HattonCorner-Light-Studios/Glendale-Arizona-85308/David-HattonCorner-Light-Studios-David-Hatton-doesnt-fulfill-his-contracts-and-bounces-956470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David Hatton/Corner Light Studios