Complaint Review: David Manna Photography

• Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011

• Reported By: ChicagoGirl — Lombard Illinois United States of America
David Manna Photography
1196 S Main St Lombard, Illinois United States of America

David Manna Photography GMA Promises of getting rich and famous as Model, but that's what he tells everybody. Lombard, Illinois

Seveal years ago I went to David Manna Photography because I wanted some nice photos of myself taken for my boyfriend. Once I sat down with David Manna, he convinced me that I could be a model (which is probably every girls dream, so who would say no!). He said I wouldn't even have to do anything (except pay for more photos) and he would be able to get me all kinds of modeling work. He was going to make me famous and rich! I didn't hear anything back after about a month so I called him. He said he was about to call me, he was close to landing me an amazing modeling job and he was going to call me back. I didn't hear back from him, so I called a few weeks later and he said he got me a job modeling clothes for a fashion designers website and I needed to come in and take some pictures. When I got there, it was really shady, there was no fashion designer there.  He said she gave him all the clothes for the models and he had me wear tiny little shorts and some shirt that was so sheer that you could clearly see my breasts thru it. I felt extremely uncomfortable and looked like a cheap prostitute. I asked him if there was anything else I could model but he said all the other outfits were booked and he saved that one just for me, so I had to wear it or lose the job. I didn't take the job. He called me a month later saying he had a job for me modeling for Street Wise magazine. I found out that was the magazine homeless people hand out in Chicago, which is weird, but then that ended up not working out either. He must have called me 10 times promising he was close to getting me a job, but none of them ever panned out. This guy is full of promises he can't follow up. Maybe he used to have connections back in the 80's but he seems to not have any anymore, or at least he doesn't have any good ones anymore. Also, he took me out for coffee once and spent ten minutes telling the cashier that she could be a model and should come see him. I don't mean to sound mean, but she was short and cubby and not even pretty. I realized then that I probably wasn't actually cut out to be a model if he's selling this line to every girl he meets. I think he's just prying on girls dreams of being a model and that's how he's making his business. Don't fall for anything this guy says. He says it to every girl, pretty or not, and is just out to make quick money from your modeling dreams. If you think you have the looks to model, get a second opinion from a reputable modeling agency and then go with them if they say you can be a model. This guy is a rip off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2011 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-Manna-Photography/Lombard-Illinois-60148/David-Manna-Photography-GMA-Promises-of-getting-rich-and-famous-as-Model-but-thats-what-728038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David Manna Photography