Complaint Review: David S. Kohm & Associates

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Carrie — Texas United States of America
David S. Kohm & Associates
Randol Mill Rd Arlington, Texas United States of America

David S. Kohm & Associates This firm is a more of a nightmare than the accident that led me into their trap! My case is simple but has been dragging on for over 2 years now due to this firm's negligence. Catch 22- if I switch a Arlington, Texas

I was rear ended a few years back and contacted David S. Kohm & Associates for representation. The case was what most would call an "easy win" because it's clearly the other driver's fault. David Kohm called me himself from his cell phone on the very next day after I contacted the office. Kohm assured me that he'd take care of everything and all I needed to do was make sure I attended all my doctor's appointments. I did exactly as instructed by the attorneys and doctors over the next 9-12 months, which was physical therapy, chiropractors visits, xrays, MRIs, testing and I limited certain activities due to my injuries until released by the doctor. Since I completed all my medical treatments in 2009-2010, the case has still been dragging on years later. My case is being handled by an attorney named Daniel and I've been through a handful of assistants over the years.

Right now, an assistant named Amanda is in charge of my file, which isn't saying much. She never returns my calls and she lies about the processes that she thinks I'm ignorant to in order to buy more time. In early 2010, I moved to Illinois and contacted the firm to see how we could move the process along so I wouldn't have to travel back and forth much. They wouldn't return my phone calls unless it was my third or fourth time leaving a message and I had to get aggressive with the receptionist to get any kind of response from them. Finally, I found the cell phone number from when David Kohm called me directly on day one. When I called him, he was not happy that I still had his personal number and he asked me to call the office with my concern. I called the office again and again, leaving messages over and over but it's still the same old stories. When I did hear back from Amanda, she would blame it all on the opposition or the court system. She states that she's trying to set it for trial but the opposition is giving her a hard time or that the court won't return her calls or confirm our trial date. This is obviously a game of patience but I'm running short on mine.

Today I called the office and went through the usual nonsense until I told the receptionist that I'd just call Kohm's cell phone again. I hung up and immediately called Kohm's cell phone. By the time I was on the phone with Kohm, who was not happy to get my call again, Amanda was frantically calling me back. Kohm was short with me, didn't really want to listen to a word I had to say, but he did say that he'd look into the situation and see if he could get some answers for me. As soon as I hung up with Kohm, I listened to the voice message that Amanda just left for me. She miraculously just spoke to the court and they gave us a possible trial date again. Same thing she's told me for the past several months. I know if I transfer the case to another attorney, Kohm & Associates won't release my case until they receive payment for the work they've completed thus far on my case. These fees would of course be jacked up because of my leaving their firm and I'd still have to pay the next attorney to correctly handle the case. It's a lose-lose situation, so I'm stuck with them I guess.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-S-Kohm-Associates/Arlington-Texas-/David-S-Kohm-Associates-This-firm-is-a-more-of-a-nightmare-than-the-accident-that-led-946510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David S. Kohm & Associates