Complaint Review: David and Donnalee Singer, Wailuku, Maui

• Reported By: Concerned — Honolulu Hawaii
David and Donnalee Singer, Wailuku, Maui
Malaihi Road Wailuku, Hawaii USA

David and Donnalee Singer, Wailuku, Maui Waiehu Aina LLC. Crooks Wailuku Hawaii

I am a former renter of David and Donnalee Singer who owns houses in Waiehu, Maui on upper Malaihi Road. David and Donnalee Singer are the worst crooks and landlords ever. Everything must be paid in cash, they dont give receipts, the lease agreements are oral and promises to fix my house were broken and never once did they fix anything. They collect cash every begining of the month and never has given me a receipt when I asked for one. I have lived there for more than 5 years, because the rent was affordable and I had a small dog, which is very hard to find a place that accepts pets. Over the years, I ade request after request for them to make repairs everytime I paid my rent, and its the same answer over and over again. Nothing was done. And than one day, I was served with court documents to evict me from my home, not by the Singer's but by the US Bankruptcy Court. Unbeknownst to me, the Singer's have filed for bankruptcy and the papers listed me as being a defendant along with all the other tenants living there. When I approached David Singer, he said to ignore it and that it was nothing to worry about. Being the person that I am, I contacted the Bankruptcy Trustee who in turn told me that Mr. and Mrs. Singer did not file any income from rents received from his tenants including me and that there was no record of the Singer's ever having tenants...ever. They also stated to me that the rent monies now belonged to the estate so the rent is to go directly to the Trustee.

Now, my girlfreind and I shared my concerns with the Singer's and told them that my rent is now going to go to the Trustee instead of them. The very next day, we both had recieved a 45 day eviction notice from the Singer's. Now im an old lady and I was shocked. I had also found out that all of the houses were illegal and unpermitted and that there was no record of them recorded with Maui County, the cesspools were just holes in the ground without proper lining and that the water and electrical lines were being illegally diverted from one TMK to another to supply all other homes. So, eventually I was forced to pay the utilites for all the homes. How? He shut off my water and electricity and locked the electrical box to my house and would only turn it on when I paid him for all utilites. Eventually, my girlfriend and I did move out, but we did recently find out the he evicted every other tenant who cooperated with the Bankruptcy Trustee which is about 7 former tenants who are now in court being sued for lord knows what.

Please people, DO NOT rent from David and Donnalee Singer. They are liars, crooks, tax evaders, slumlords and the worse pices of sh** I have ever met, and I feel sorry for the other tenants who did not get out in time who are now in court. How do you charge people rent when the homes are illegal and unpermitted? Beware of the Singer's. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM PLEASE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-and-Donnalee-Singer-Wailuku-Maui/Wailuku-Hawaii-96793/David-and-Donnalee-Singer-Wailuku-Maui-Waiehu-Aina-LLC-Crooks-Wailuku-Hawaii-1075882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David and Donnalee Singer, Wailuku, Maui