Complaint Review: Davinci Virtual, L.L.C.

• Submitted: Sat, August 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 18, 2012

• Reported By: Small Business Owner — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Davinci Virtual, L.L.C.
2150 South 1300 East Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Davinci Virtual, L.L.C. Davinci Virtual Offices Highly Deceptive and Unethical Bait and Switch; Cyber Cafe Scam Salt Lake City, Utah

My company contracted for the use of a virtual office in Jacksonville, Florida.  The terms of the contract provided for the use of "Complimentary access to cyber cafs with wireless internet, coffee/tea
bar, etc. where available."  Before signing the contract, I went to examine the office site and confirm personally that the cyber cafe with wireless was indeed available (over specified hours which the on-site office manager spelled out for me).  During this visit and contract negotiations, I was in frequent contact with the Davinci representative, Christie Julian, who was well aware that the use of the cyber cafe was a key factor in my company's choice of Davinci over other options.  After signing the agreement and paying several hundred dollars, I was told that the cyber cafe was not included (express language in the contract notwithstanding), and that if I wanted this feature I would have to pay almost 3x what the contract current provides.  The justification given by the customer representative, "Stephanie" (Ms. Julian notably refusing to answer any calls or e-mails for clarification once my access to the cybe cafe was denied) was that the contract was subject to online (but not printed) "Terms", and these "Terms" state that Davinci could change anything about the contract at any time.  [Really?  Change anything at any time? Could they now charge me 3x of what they had agreed? $1 million more than they had agreed?  Bind my company for 20 years? Change the contract every five minutes? Change anything at any time? ]  I have been a professional for over twenty years; I've been a guest lecturer at the Wharton Business School.  I honestly cannot recall a more egregious bait and switch, and a more callous disregard for the norms of acceptable business conduct.  Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davinci-Virtual-LLC/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84106/Davinci-Virtual-LLC-Davinci-Virtual-Offices-Highly-Deceptive-and-Unethical-Bait-and-Sw-929257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davinci Virtual, L.L.C.