Complaint Review: Davinci Virtual

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Teddy McDougall — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
Davinci Virtual
2150 S. 1300 E. Suite 350 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Davinci Virtual DavinciVirtual, DavinciVirtual.com bait and switch, SCAM, Misleading Customers, number porting ripoff, Salt Lake City, Utah

This company claims to provide an great answering service so that businesses can have a live person answer their phones Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST.   Instead, what they provide is subpar service: the women who answer the phones tell customers the wrong information more often than the right, they cannot keep to a simple script, they often take an extremely long amount of time on the phone (which of course, you're billed for), and wost of all they lie to you in the sign-up process.

When I signed up for this company, I was given a phone number.  I was encouraged to put this number on all marketing materials and business cards.  I was assured that I could port a number out (for an albeit outrageous $250 fee).

When I got sick and tired of the crap service, I decided to investigate leaving the service.  I was then told they will _not_ port the number out, and pointed out the fine print in the contract.  Now I'm stuck having to pay for their crap service unless I'm willing to change my phone number.  Apparently, they don't want you leave happily--they would rather you leave angry while keeping all the phone numbers they provide you as a hostage.  The use  unfair, and malicious customer retention practices.

There is no excuse to offer answering services for a business, and then later refuse to not allow the business to use that same number.  Why do they ever provide local numbers?!  Because they want to trick you, simple as that.

I have since contacted them using a fake name, and attempted to sign up for service.  I was again, told that you can port the number, and it was never mentioned that you cannot use the phone number after their service.  I recommend NOBODY trust Davinci's word on anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davinci-Virtual/-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84106/Davinci-Virtual-DavinciVirtual-DavinciVirtualcom-bait-and-switch-SCAM-Misleading-Custo-955240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davinci Virtual