Complaint Review: Davis Alterations

• Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By: Army Customer — Athens Georgia United States of America
Davis Alterations
917 North Chase Street Athens, Georgia United States of America

Davis Alterations Jo's Alterations (former name) Rude, Overpriced, Low Quality Athens, Georgia

I recently took my Army Service Uniform to Davis Alterations, and I could not have made a bigger mistake. There were immediate red flags when Lawana Davis very crookedly pinned the breast of the jacket. When I said something, she became very defensive: "it's your jacket. You show me where you want it pinned." I was reassured by her extensive experience in military alterations, and I left my uniform.

When I returned, the overseas service bars were sewn almost 2 inches off. Again, she was very defensive and refused to fix it while I waited. On my third trip, she demanded over $100 for the alterations, despite the fact that other shops would do the same work for around $40 and she had earlier quoted me a lower price. Several of the seams are crooked, and I will need to take my uniform to another shop to have them fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2011 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davis-Alterations/Athens-Georgia-30601/Davis-Alterations-Jos-Alterations-former-name-Rude-Overpriced-Low-Quality-Athens-Geo-803177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davis Alterations