- Report: #168174
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Davison 54 - Davison Inventegration
Davison 54 - Davison Inventegrationwww.davison54.com Pittsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America
Davison inventions scam INVESTIGATION: Davison Design Davison Inventegration 100% commitment to customer satisfaction.
*UPDATE: Davison Design and Development (Davison Inventegration) pledges to resolve all complaints and address any issues with customer service, commitment to 100 percent customer satisfaction - commitment from Mr Davison and other executives, inventors should feel confident in trusting Davison's commitment to their project..
SPECIAL UPDATE: Davison Design - Davison Inventegration remains committed to 100% customer satisfaction and has drastically improved their business processes over the years to better serve their customers. Davison Design - Davison Inventegration is truly dedicated to making sure ALL customers are happy with their coverage. Davison Design - Davison Inventegration continues to show customer service is of the utmost importance and they currently have no complaints!
To date, Davison Design - Davison Inventegration has addressed and resolved all reported complaints, which have always been resolved to the complete satisfaction of their customers. Davison Design - Davison Inventegration proves to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, as a Verified Safe Business. Over time and since becoming a member, Davison Design - Davison Inventegration has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. Rip-off Report has confirmed that Davison Design - Davison Inventegration is no fraud, is not a scam and is of the highest integrity. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever Davison Design - Davison Inventegration remains committed to customer satisfaction and gets our top Verified Safe endorsement.
I have had this idea kicking around for a while now but discovered that someone else had already come up with something. That took the wind out of my sales, so I stopped investigating.
Earlier this week I received a general email from Davison 54, otherwise known as Davison Inventegration. I decided to submit my idea; well I wasn't exactly being proactive with it, so what could I lose?
The next morning I got a call from a guy called Ron Kawatsky, Director of New Projects. He can be reached at 1800-544-3327 Ext: 50187. He told me that my idea was a good one and that they wanted to press ahead as quickly as possible. This guy was very high strung, too much for me at 8am on a Thursday morning, I told him this. We arranged to speak later that day at 11am.
He called me back at 11am as arranged, still hyper as before; immediately I felt like the guy was in my face, everything was a rush with him. He began by repeating the same comments from earlier that day. My idea was good, it had passed their internal review and they would like to proceed immediately.
He asked me more details about my project. I wish now I hadn't told him. I should have stood my ground and asked him to tell me about Davison first. Anyway, I told him all about the idea. Then I asked him about the procedure.
First his company would have to research my idea with the Patent Office, this would take between 10 to 13 hours @ $55.00 per hour. Now every report I read on these guys seems to suggest that $600+ is the golden number for them to do research, which ties in nicely with my estimated charge. 10 hours would cost $550, 13 = $715. So immediately I felt like my project was not being analyzed based on its own merit, I felt that this was more of a way for them to get at least $600 from me.
I let this guy talk and talk, all the while taking notes on the comments he was making. 30 minutes passed and it was time for him to go. We arranged to talk again on the 22nd December 2005, I was to call him if it was not possible to be available. All the while I spoke to this guy I felt like he was trying to con me, he was pushy and arrogant.
After thinking about it some more I decided to call him back and arrange a phone meeting as soon as possible. I called him at 10am on the 16th Dec 2005, we arranged to talk at 1:45pm, he was not happy about me being so pushy.
So I called him back at 1:45pm, I began by telling him that I needed to make a decision on who I was going to work with on this and that I had some question. Here are the more interesting ones;
1. You would not give me an email address for you yesterday, you said that for security reasons this was not a good idea. Yet you have let me submit my idea electronically, why is this? We use faxes Is it company policy not to use emails? Yes Why? We use faxes. 2. Can you give me a list of references? Absolutely not! I should mention that he was very quick to respond to this question, like a bullet he said NO!' 3. What percentage of applicants do you accept? 60% to 70% OF A POTENTIAL 10,000 PER YEAR. 4. What percentages of these inventions make it to license? I don't know, why is this important, it's no guarantee of you making money. I think its important because I want to know how good your assessment of these inventions is, surely you don't take projects on if you don't think they are going to make you money? I can't give you a answer, I don't know. 5. You mentioned yesterday when we spoke that even if your patent search comes back with a similar item already in existence, you will still push my idea forward by speaking to manufacturing companies, correct? Yes What company would accept a project knowing that a patent already exists on a similar item? Hundreds! Would those companies not see this as a risk? No!. Why would I agree to have this item manufactured knowing that someone else already owns the idea, why would I risk getting sued? We can always work around patents. I presses him on this but he kept saying the same thing, they can work around it. 6. What qualifications do the people who work for your company have? What do you mean My project involves electronics, I assume you used an electronics engineer in your study of my invention? They are all fully trained. Trained from within your company? Yes so they don't have any formal education pertaining to the specific project being considered? They have been doing this for years. 7. How many complaints do you have filed against the company per year, with the patent office, FTC or otherwise? - I don't know Can you tell me about the FTC investigation into your companies dealings? I am glad to see you have done your research (he said in an arrogant tone), the FTC researched 10 companies, 5 were shut down, others we fined, we came out the strongest. We were shut down for 1 week. What he didn't tell me is that there is still an investigation going on with the FTC.
At this point he started to get tired of my questions; he asked me why I needed to know all this, again in a very arrogant and annoyed tone. I told him that it was his job to make me feel good about his organization before I parted with any hard cash. He said that Davison is the world's leader in invention design and project management that should speak for itself.
8. So you don't think you have a responsibility to make me feel confident about your company, comfortable with the people that will be working on my behalf? No! we don't hold peoples hands. Once again, you don't feel that you should make me feel good about your organization before I pay you money? - NO!
I told him that this did not make me feel good and that I was taking my idea to someone else. I explained that these conversations and exchange of information must not be become public knowledge, my idea is confidential. He assured me it would remain a secret. I thanked him for his time and said goodbye!
I would consider myself a strong personality, and to be honest I enjoyed playing with this guy today. Maybe that's because I didn't loose any money. Please try to remember that you are in control when talking to these people, you have the idea, always start by telling them that you have filed your idea with the Disclosure Document Program', even if you haven't. Don't be bullied or pushed around.
I need to send them a letter now confirming the confidentiality surrounding my invention, just in case they get any funny ideas.
If you should hear from Mr. Kawatsky.say Hi from me!
Liam Billerica, Massachusetts
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2005 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davison-54-Davison-Inventegration/Pittsburg-Pennsylvania/Davison-inventions-scam-INVESTIGATION-Davison-Design-Davison-Inventegration-100-commitm-168174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.