• Report: #199885

• Submitted: Fri, July 07, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:Beaumont Texas
Davison
595 Alpha Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Davison - David Kelly ripoff Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I felt something was wrong when I began to ask questions and was told i was arguing. Questions about the part where they would help with the finances if I had no money after I paid the $685. Their answer was "we are helping", "we gave you a discount".

I decided to have the contract read by my attorney and he agreed with me that my money would not be well spent with these people.

The part where they do not do a search is very important. They also wanted me to sign a non-confidentialy agreement with a manufactuer that would allow them to take my project and do whatever they wanted with it. I was harrassed to pay $1000.00 retainer as part of the 60% option I chose which leaves $4314 to be paid in payments and my project would not be presented to a manufactuer until it was all paid. That could take years. They also made it clear in the agreement, that it was my responsiblity to get my invention patented but told me that it would be patented with the money I would be paying toward the 60% option. Too much double talk and not enough done for the money.

I ask if I spent a great deal of money and find myself eshausted of funds , what will happen. Mr. Kelly told me that it would not be interrupted because they would have invested too much to let it go. Now they tell me it will be terminated because I won't send the retainer and sign a contract to pay $5314.00 If they don't so patent search and apply for patent then what good are they when the contracts clearly states, and you must read every word or they will get you. It states we are not responsible for the existance of others similar product on the market ( no need to make a product sample if there is one).

They are not legal attorneys and not government officials, therefore they can only make you aware of as a courtesy what the patent and trademark office requires. Heck, I did that myself by going online. Their fees are a lot cheaper and you do get results. For the $685 I spent, I got a lot paper work which is only phase 2 of many more phases with ????? money to spend and a product sample of someone elses product. They want to target Chlorox and I wanted to target someone else. It would cost me more money if chlorox rejected it and I would have to pay $300 or more to them for that. No proof of you getting anything for the money you spend and they cover themselves when that happens in the contracts.

Viola
Beaumont, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2006 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Davison/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15238-2911/Davison-David-Kelly-ripoff-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-199885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Davison