Complaint Review: Days Inn @ Fort Myers North, FL

• Submitted: Sat, December 31, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 31, 2011

• Reported By: galxcbaby — west chester Pennsylvania United States of America
Days Inn @ Fort Myers North, FL
13353 N Cleveland Avenue, Ft Myers, FL 33903 Fort Myers North, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 1 239 9950535
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Days Inn @ Fort Myers North, Florida Days Inn , Steals From Customers. Fort Myers North, Florida

A few days after returning from a vacation to Fort Myers, FL, I noticed a $250.00 charge on my account from the Days Inn that we stayed at. I noticed this because of the overdraft fee. However, the hotel did not contact me at all to notify me of the charge, they just ran, customer-be-damned style.

When I called to inquire, I was informed that the charge had been placed as a smoking fee in a non-smoking room. The violation had been "verified" by a house keeping employee working there for five years that a male had exited the room with a lit cigaret.

I explained that this accusation was completely false, since there were two females in the room, no one entered or (obviously) exited, certainly not a male, and we had absolutely NOT smoked in the room. Both of our parties repeated our separate stances on the issue, until I was finally told that there is "really nothing I can do about it". Gee, thanks. You will never get my money again. Stealing and lying is wrong, Days Inn!

In short, do not stay at the Days Inn @ Fort Myers North, FL. At best you'll have a mediocre experience; at worst your account will be several hundred dollars lighter with no notice or proof.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2011 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Days-Inn-Fort-Myers-North-FL/Fort-Myers-North-Florida-33903/Days-Inn-Fort-Myers-North-Florida-Days-Inn-Steals-From-Customers-Fort-Myers-North-816284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Days Inn @ Fort Myers North, FL