- Report: #211727
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Days Inn World
Days Inn World1910 Eighth Avenue NE Box4090 Aberdeen, South Dakota U.S.A.
Days Inn World, disastrous rip off charged 120$ for reservation under another name Aberdeen South Dakota
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
THE DAYS INN DISASTER AND RIP OFF
So here is my story (please pass along to anyone who might be interested in helping us)
1. June 2006 - Tried to make reservations with Days Inn Inn Auburn, NY - could not make them because their website was down - made them on-line with 1-800-days inn - while on the phone,, Days Inn needed to call back, so I gave them the phone number that I was calling from (it was not my phone)
- They called back- the reservations were made in my boyfriend's name (Brad) and I used his check card number to reserve the 2 rooms which came to a total of $120. We were told that if we did not show up, we would be charged that amount.
2.July 27, 2006 - One day before our reservations I realized that I did not have a confirmation number(one was never sent to me ), so I called 1800days inn just to check on the reservations and get a conf. #. I gave the reservation date and Brad's name and I was told that there were no reservations for that date and name. - I quickly called Albany and they did not have any reservations either with that info. I was told that since they did not have that reservation we would not be charged the $120. They only had 1 room available so I reserved that room to the amount of $!00 for one room. Side note - 4 of us had to sleep in one room - 2 of the people being Brad's divorced parents.(OUCH) This time I made the reservations in my name, Amie, and put this on my credit card.When we arrived I again checked on the original 2 rooms - still no luck- and we were again assured that we wouuld not be charged for those 2 rooms.
3. July 2006 - Brad gets charged for the original 2 rooms $120!!!!!!!!!!!
4. August 2006 - I tried numerous times to get someone to help us with this matter. Each Days Inn blamed the other and we finally got a case #. So much for that - our claim was denied. Now I finally was told that for some odd reason, our reservations were put under Donald Wenger 's name.
THEN WE FIND OUT THAT THE RESERVATION WAS PUT UNDER THE NAME OF DON WENGER, AND WHY???????BECAUSE HE MADE A RESERVATION WITH DAYS INN ONE YEAR BEFORE USING THAT SAME PHONE NOT CALLER ID MIND YOU , BUT HE CALLED ON THIS SAME PHONE I USED AND INSTEAD Of PLACING IT UNDER THE NAME I GAVE THEM, THEY PUT THE RESERVATION UNDER THE NAME OF THIS OTHER PERSON. ( a representative told me that this is a common practice with them.) When I originally called to ask them to check on this 2-room reservation, NO ONE BOTHERED TO ASK ME FOR THE PHONE NUMBER WHICH WOULD HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING. I would never have thought of giving this name since this Don Wenger wasn't even involved in the trip. So they have this inane policy of putting reservations under the name of the last person to use that phone for previous reservations, but when we called to check on our reservation, they didn't even mention the phone number. I think during one of our 20 calls to them to get the matter resolved, someone did ask for a phone number and that's when they told me the name it was under.
In summary,we are a youung couple just starting out and $120 is a big deal to us. Can anybody help us?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2006 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Days-Inn-World/Aberdeen-South-Dakota-57402/Days-Inn-World-disastrous-rip-off-charged-120-for-reservation-under-another-name-Aberdee-211727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.