Complaint Review: Days Inn

• Submitted: Sun, September 24, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2008

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Days Inn
580 Silverthorne Ln, Silverthorne Colorado Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 970-468-8661
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Days Inn Days Inn Filthywith POOR Manager ripoff Silverthore Colorado Nationwide

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It is not Day's Inn, it is the individual owners.

*Consumer Comment: The Lowest of Management and Corporate Response

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like you stayed at one of their better locations!

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like you stayed at one of their better locations!

I phoned the Days Inn and made a reservation through he front desk. The person taking my reservation did not want my credit card number he said that he would out the room on a courtesy hold until 4:00 PM. At this time I made it very clear to him that I wanted 2 king beds in a smoking room, he aid that was not a problem at all.

When we arrived we went to our room only to find out that the room was 2 queen beds and non smoking. Back down to the front desk to get another room.

He gave us a room on the 3ird floor. It was a smoking room, one of the worst smelling rooms I have ever been in. The door frame was cracked where it looked as if someone had kicked it in, the toilet had been used and not flushed, there were sugar packs in the night stand drawer both new and opened, with sugar spilled out in the drawer. My daughter pulled her bedding back only to find that it had not been changed, only the bed had been made up.

The carpet as filthy to put it mildly, the trash had not been taken out and the phone was sticky.

We went back down to the front desk to tell the desk clerk. He said we would have to wait until the manager came in at 3:00.

My daughter did not want to stay at that motel so she has my husband drive her back to Denver. While he was gone the manager came up to the door.

She looked in the bathroom, at the beds, in the drawer and said that she really did not see anything wrong with the room, she did not offer to change the bedding nor did she offer to flush the toilet, as a matter of fact she raised her voice at ME.

When my husband came back from Denver she stopped him in the hall and told him that she would give him a different room. She went on to say that someone had looked at that room and did not want I, that's why it was dirty. She said that we had to keep the room but she would take 45% off of the rate, that was a lie.

I would sleep in a tent under an over pass before I would ever sleep in another Days Inn.

Lynda
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2006 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Days-Inn/nationwide/Days-Inn-Days-Inn-Filthywith-POOR-Manager-ripoff-Silverthore-Colorado-Nationwide-212571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Days Inn

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It is not Day's Inn, it is the individual owners.

AUTHOR: Mara - (U.S.A.)

First off, as a former Day's Inn employee let me offer my apologies. Let me also assure you it is not Day's Inn, but the individual owner. I had worked at an Indiana Day's for many years, and am proud to say I had an awsome owner. However, a few towns over that was not the case. Their Day's Inn was in deplorable conditions. I am sorry for your problems, but if you have an owner that doesn't care, the hotel staff will not care either.

The Lowest of Management and Corporate Response

AUTHOR: Deb - (U.S.A.)

I am very glad to see there are so many people posting reports and spreading the word on Days Inn. You may be interested in reading my situation, with the last dated post on 6/27/06. I actually LEFT the Days Inn in Wildwood, Florida rather than stay a night there and they charged me anyway! You can clearly see the attitude of the manager and corporate customer service in their posted replies.
Like you, I will continue to spread the word on this failing and disgraceful motel chain and hope that it will save someone from stepping through their filthy doors.

Sounds like you stayed at one of their better locations!

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I stayed at a Days Inn in El Paso Texas several years ago that was every bit like you described. I said something on checkout, but front desk as well as corporate had a hearing problem. I figured at the time that maybe it was just that location, but I decided to never stay at one again.

Last year, though, I was on the road and had to spend the night in Rutherfordton, NC. The only place to available was a Days Inn. Against my better judgement, I got a room there. I would have spent a better night in the car. Filth was the key word. The walls were too thin to get a good nights rest...I could hear people two rooms away talking (the room between us was empty!).

Take my advice, pass up the Days Inn!

Sounds like you stayed at one of their better locations!

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Take my advice, pass up the Days Inn!