retained

• Reported By: Amber Walker — Mesquite Texas United States of America
DeVry University
4800 Regent Blvd Ste 200 Irving Tx 75063 Irving, Texas United States of America

DeVry University Harassment of DeVry University-Irving Texas Irving, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Can We Look Into This For You - From A DeVry University Employee

*Consumer Comment: file a complaint with your attorney general

I am inferring about DeVry University making harassing phone calls to me every time I turn around. They keep threatening me with collection agencies because they want me to pay $1600.00 when i shouldn't have a debt with them due to me having a documented scholarship and fafsa ( financial aid for student assistance) paying for everything while I went to school, and got my education. I feel like this is just a way for them to get more money out of me and feel very uncomfortable with them harassing and threatening me.

I am only 19 and have a minimum wage job. I can't afford to pay them this amount. I worked really hard and did my best in high school hoping that I wouldn't have these financial problems and so that I didn't have to pay for school/college out of my pocket. DeVry seemed like a very great college at first but then turned to be a total ripoff and stressful time. I would strongly appreciate it if I could get some help to put a stop to all this.

Amber
Mesquite, Tx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DeVry-University/Irving-Texas-75063/DeVry-University-Harassment-of-DeVry-University-Irving-Texas-Irving-Texas-1025060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DeVry University

Can We Look Into This For You - From A DeVry University Employee

AUTHOR: DeVry University - (USA)

Hello Amber,

Im sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into your account. Can you please email your D number and contact information to DeVrySocial@DeVry.edu so that we can reach out to you? Again, please accept my apologies!

Best Regards,

Molly
DeVry University Student Finance

file a complaint with your attorney general

AUTHOR: tom - (USA)

I would suggest that you contact your State Attorney general consumer protection division.  File
a complaint with them.

Document their calls and if need be record the calls.  research the equipment.  A 30.00 investment
will give you the evidence as to what they are saying.

Then contact a consumer attorney.   Check online for one in your area.  They take cases on a contingency basis.

you can also contact the consumer financial bureau of the u.s. federal government.  file a complaint with them.

Get the evidence.  send the evidence in with your complaint.   Do not talk or pay these idiots.
they are scam artists.