Complaint Review: DeVry University/Memphis TN

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Toodie — Memphis Tennessee
DeVry University/Memphis TN
6401 Poplar Avenue Memphis, Tennessee USA

DeVry University/Memphis Tennessee Very Expensive, Not Being honest, High Turnover, not able to keep advisors that the students grew comfortable with Memphis Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Assistance

Hello I would like to say that I’m a current student at DeVry in Memphis, TN, I’m a senior and I’ve been most pleased with the progress that I’ve made since I enrolled back in July 2010. The staff members were very helpful and keep me updated on my schedule, and any events that were beneficial to help with my education. I was able to speak with a counselor when needed to ask questions, or even when I had concerns that needed to be addressed. At this time, I don’t feel that same treatment with the staff that’s in place at this present time. I also feel that my education is very important but the pricing is constantly increasing, I no longer have a job, I was recently laid off on the 30th of August 2013.

We have no way of receiving any scholarships through the school if they are announced close to the deadline. I feel that since I’ve had the opportunity to continue to be on the Dean’s list from 2010 to present I should be able to receive some type of scholarship or assistance to continue helping me pursue my education as a under-graduate. I feel that I’m not being fairly treated towards being a student at DeVry and at this time. I know that this is a private school and there are guidelines but there are new rules that are in place that comply with helping students.

My last concern is after speaking with a representative in the financial aid department she informed me that since I received a large credit that I should be able to pay the balance of $392.00, I advised the rep that’s totally unacceptable. I’m not comfortable with the fact that I will be cut off from class if I don’t make the payment in full or in two installments, asked if I could make arrangements I was informed that I could not due to my large credit amount disbursement. If a fuss about $392 hinders me to continue my education then I think that I’m at the wrong school. I would very much like to settle my debt that’s due but I can’t afford to make two installment payments I can make $40 a month until paid off. If I get a job I can pay the entire amount off. Please inform me if this concern can be handled in a timely manner before 30 days is out, I would very much appreciate the effort if someone can contact me in a timely manner

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DeVry-UniversityMemphis-TN-/Memphis-Tennessee-38119/DeVry-UniversityMemphis-Tennessee-Very-Expensive-Not-Being-honest-High-Turnover-not-a-1084162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DeVry University/Memphis TN

Assistance

AUTHOR: DeVry University - ()

Hello,

I'm so sorry you're going through this, especially during such a tough time. We would like to reach out to you.  Can you please e-mail your D number and contact information to socialstudentfinance@devry.edu.

Thank you.