Complaint Review: Deal Dash

• Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: DCK — Maryland United States of America
Deal Dash
619 Lafayette Street 6th Fl New York, New York United States of America

Deal Dash DealDash Never shipped items won, no response to emails, phone number directs customers to email New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: DealDash Ships Thousands of Products Daily to Satisfied Customers!

I joined Deal Dash in early November, starting with a $60 bid pack, and started winning immediately.  Since all seemed to be going smoothly, I purchased more bid packs and continued winning.  I planned on using some of my winnings as Christmas gifts.  By late November I received two of the gift cards I won and a Canon Camera Kit.  So, since I was doing well, or at least breaking even, I continued to purchase bid packs and continued to win more items.  These items all had a delivery date of November 12th to December 5th at the latest.  They were showing "shipped" on my "auctions won" page.  I hadn't had any problems with Deal Dash up to that point.  I continued to buy bid packs until December 3rd.  I hadn't received numerous gift cards (totaling over $500 in value) and thought I should wait until after the 5th to continue.  I had (and still have) bids remaining to be used, but never used them.

When December 5th came and went, I emailed.  I got a response that they were having supplier problems and thanks for my patience.  I waited about another week then when I didn't receive my "won" gift cards, I emailed again.  I continued to email every two to three days and never received a response from DealDash.  I tried calling their posted number and got a recording saying to email Customer Support.

Finally, as Christmas was fast approaching and after seeing so many complaints and Facebook pages popping up with irate customers, I decided to file claims against Deal Dash through Pay Pal AND my credit card provider before time ran out.  PayPal allows 45 days to file a claim.  I filed for the items I had won and not received, and for the bid packs I purchased during the time I was winning (but not receiving my items).  I would NOT have purchased more bid packs if I had any prior indication of not receiving what I won and paid for.

I, like another who filed a report here noticed that as soon as I filed with PayPal, my "shipped" item status changed to voided on the Deal Dash site.  Then when they responded to Pay Pal, Deal Dash flipped the status back to "shipped" and gave a USPS tracking number of my items.  These numbers do NOT correlate with USPS tracking numbers, nor any other carrier's numbers.

Currently I have 15 claims against Deal Dash, have not heard a word from them since the first response I got thanking me for my patience, and have not received any of my items since the third week of November.  My credit card company has now charged back PayPal for the claims.  Hopefully PayPal has better luck getting their money from Deal Dash than I have.  I had to purchase the Christmas gifts I had won TWICE, thanks to Deal Dash's unethical practices.  I want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 02:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deal-Dash/New-York-New-York-10003/Deal-Dash-DealDash-Never-shipped-items-won-no-response-to-emails-phone-number-directs-cu-986463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deal Dash

DealDash Ships Thousands of Products Daily to Satisfied Customers!

AUTHOR: DealDash_Adam - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your experience. DealDash ships thousands of products to customers each day, and is 100% committed to fulfilling all orders placed through our website.

Due to an unforeseen increase in the number of orders placed with us through the holidays, we experienced some shipping delays , but this does not mean that these orders were going unfulfilled. However, when customers file disputes with Paypal, it means that their payments are no longer verified and therefore any outstanding orders are placed on hold. This is why customers who complicate their accounts by filing these disputes see that their items are voided. Once someone from our finance team has a look at the disputes, they will place new orders or refund the payments according to the specifics of each case.

As you did not provide sufficient personal details for me to look up your account, I cannot comment on your specific situation. However, I assure you that everyone at DealDash worked feverishly this holiday season to get everyone their items before Christmas. We have currently been able to get back up to speed: items are now being shipped faster than ever before, and our customer support personnel are currently responding to all customer queries within 24 hours. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with us regarding your account, as we're available to help you with the issues you've described here or anything else you might need.