Complaint Review: Deal Dash

• Reported By: catlady2215 — atco New Jersey United States of America
Deal Dash
1501 Broadway 12th floor New York, New York United States of America

Deal Dash CEO William Wolfram Deal Dash penny auction New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: We apologize for the technical problems you experienced.

*Consumer Comment: Also have problems with DealDash

I purchased $201.00 worth of credits that you need to have to in order to place your bids.
I was bidding on a cat post and was told I was the highest bidder and was on 10 second minute intervals and I was bidding for over two hours and didn't win a thing.

Contacted Deal Dash by email and wrote them telling them I wanted a full refund and that I thought they were a ripoff.
Today I got and email saying they apologize for the recent technical difficulties on DealDash.com
Saying I truly regret that we have failed in being able to provide the type of reliable and fast auction experience that the shoppers on DealDash have learned to love.
Our team has been battling the demands of the increased amount of auctions on the site in the midst of the Hurricane Sandy here in New York.  I assure you that our team has refused to rest until we've been able complete major database upgrades on the technical side of the service.
Just today we have finalized a major database upgrade that will allow you to enjoy a smoother and more reliable bidding experience on the auctions.

We are very grateful for you patience as we continue to work on making your auction experience even better.

If you feel that you have been at an unfair disadvantage due to the recent  technical challenges,I encourage you contact our attentive customer care team without hesitation they would be more than happy to assist you whatever problems you have on the site.

William Wolfram
CEO & Founder

They gave me no phone number so I looked up the number on the computer I called them and left two messages and am still waiting for a call back.
I demanded my money back and have yet to hear from them.
They used the hurricane Sandy but I started bidding on the auction on 10-22-12 thru 10-31-12
it had nothing to do with the storm.

How do I get my money back?
Atco, NJ

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deal-Dash/New-York-New-York-10036/Deal-Dash-CEO-William-Wolfram-Deal-Dash-penny-auction-New-York-New-York-963094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deal Dash

We apologize for the technical problems you experienced.

AUTHOR: DealDash - (USA)

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for contacting the DealDash customer support team and we sincerely apologize for the technical difficulties you experienced while bidding in the auctions. As mentioned in the letter our team has been working around the clock to help provide a more reliable bidding experience however we understand this does not make up for the technical issues that affected you. One reason DealDash is the longest operating site of its kind in the United States is that we always strive to provide the best customer experience possible. Unfortunately you have had a negative experience, which we deeply regret. Our customer support team has replied back to your email and will provide you with a full refund to help make this right. We do appreciate your understanding and hope you'll give us a second chance in the future.

Also have problems with DealDash

AUTHOR: nancy - (United States of America)

I have just filed my 2nd complaint about deal dash.  The same problem with the bid boards working  badly happened yesterday as Ihad about 3 weeks ago

They gave me my bids back last time and I lost a lot of money when they didthat.  I wanted my product  not bids

Now thesame error happened and Iknow Ill get the same forum letter again as I got last time which is the same letter you got.  Its technical errors  being fixded.  That is BS. they say the same thing all the time.If they are having technical errors for  a long time they should shut down and fix them for good

This is just a sham to  try to get out of  appeasisng the consumer that they use and Im betting that they use it all the time

I cant imagine how mucfh money they are makeing over and above the bidding itself

I won a toaster a week ago and looked it up on line.A waring 4 slice.  You can get it for $24.95 on Amazon or on Waring.  They list it at 59  if I remember right.  Iv done price checking on many things now and find you can buy it way cheaper  from on line sales sites