Complaint Review: Deal Dash

• Reported By: Chris — Waldorf Maryland United States of America
Deal Dash

Deal Dash Deal Dash winning bid not acknowledged Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same thing with me 2 times now

*UPDATE Employee: Why the auction in question continued.

*UPDATE Employee: The BidBuddy

On Tuesday, October 23, I was bidding on a USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive on Deal Dash when the clock expired and read 00:00:00. Since I was the last bidder, I should have been declared the winner. However, I never received the congratulations message. The below is the message I received from Deal Dash which I do not feel is fair. I clearly won since I was the last bidder when the clock ran out. I want my USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive for $8.21.

Hi Chris! Sorry that you feel cheated or misled.

An auction goes to checking when there is a surge in user activity (for example, when many users try to put in bids at the same time). When this happens, the system pauses the auction for a moment while it registers all of the activity and sorts it in accordance with its programming. After it finishes, the auction resumes as if though nothing out of the ordinary happened. [continued below]....
While it is somewhat inconvenient to users, and our development team is constantly working towards minimizing these instances, it does still happen, and does not have an impact on how the auctions progress or who wins.

The other user probably has a BidBuddy set up.

If youd like, you can send me some details about the auction this happened in and I can have a closer look.

I have a screen shot showing that I am the last bidder and that the clock expired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Deal-Dash/internet/Deal-Dash-Deal-Dash-winning-bid-not-acknowledged-Internet-960150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Deal Dash

Same thing with me 2 times now

AUTHOR: nancy - (United States of America)

I dont have screen shots but i kept the final screen  in  "my favorites " so I have it  now that its the 2nd time.  Iv written but no response because ita a week end

Im "betting"  I get the same forum letter as last time and same as you got

I wish there was a class action lawsuit to go after them.

Ill report back on my own complaint I file today  IF and when I hear from them

Getting my bids back last time was a scam.  I lost a lot of money .  I just used the bids and they were gone then.

I demanded the product this time when I wrote .  Fool me once shame on you  Fool me twice shame on me.

Keep after them

If you could post the phone # you found Id call them over and over also.  The more pressure the better

Ill check back and see if you have posted that number

Why the auction in question continued.

AUTHOR: DealDash - (USA)

We apologize for the negative experience you had on our site resulting you in filing a Rip Off report. Based on your message and the information you provided we have been able to investigate the auction in detail to confirm what has caused your negative experience and why the auction continued.

Each new bid resets the countdown time for the auction. The countdown time for each of the auctions is shown on the auction details. The auction ends when no more bids are submitted within the remaining time stated. However, an auction may not end if anyone else except the highest bidder still has bids booked on their Bid Buddy.

In the case of the auction you participated in for the USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive we can see that when the auction price was at $8.21 with you as the top bidder when the auction clock froze due to an unexpected network interruption. This must have been very frustrating as the system did not congratulate you as the winner. Once the interruption was over the auction continued normally as it should by placing the bids from the other bidders BidBuddy and yours.

We do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and the confusion of what happened and can assure you our technical team is doing all they can to prevent these types of interruptions from happening again as we understand it destroys the user experience and creates questions of the auction legitimacy. To help make up for this, we have returned all the bids you used in that auction for a second chance. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact DealDash customer support with any questions or assistance.

Thank you and we appreciate your understanding and hope you'll continue to shop on DealDash in the future.

The BidBuddy

AUTHOR: DealDash - (United States of America)

If you are familiar with DealDash and how it works than you know that on DealDash, Bidders have an option to use what is known as the "BidBuddy". This is one of the most popular features of the site and the bidders love to use it.

The BidBuddy can assist bidders in being able to bid in an auction, even if the bidders are not online at that time or when they can't be on the computer. The BidBuddy automatically submits bids according to the specifications set in advance by the user and is a safe way to make sure one does not lose an auction if distracted for any reason. If several bidders have bids on their BidBuddies, theyll take turns placing bids until the bids from all but one BidBuddy run out.

Read about how the BidBuddy operates in the FAQ section on DealDash.com

If you have any other concerns please contact DealDash support for assistance. DealDash is the longest operating online auction site of its kind in the United States and has over 800,000+ registered American customers.