Complaint Review: DealDash Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2012

*General Comment: Sigh

*Consumer Suggestion: Take no offence

*General Comment: comment

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the advise

*Consumer Suggestion: How to buy online in the future.

*Consumer Suggestion: CLASS ACTION

I signed up with DealDash.com on 10/24/12 and purchased a bid package; won nada. But, so many Facebook friends began posting praises that I gave it another try. I bought more bid packages and "won". Of the items that I did not win, I was given the chance to buy outright and get my bids back, so I purchased 3 items. Every item that I won or purchased was given a notice of "shipped" with a reference number and expected arrival. Two of the items were to have been delivered by 12/2/12, but no receipt here. So, I signed onto my DealDash account to find messages that those items were out of stock and they had "replacement" offers. Well, those replacements do not equal what I spent! And, when I looked at the upcoming auctions, they have the very same items coming up for auction!!! I have yet to receive even 1 of the ELEVEN items that I won or purchased!

I've sent them emails, and finally looked for a phone number to contact them. [continued below]....
..... Guess what? No where to be found!!! Anywhere! I've since sent them an email that states "YOU HAVE 72 HOURS BEFORE I FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB, FTC, ATTORNEY GENERAL AND CONTACT AN ATTORNEY TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!", and I posted the same on their Facebook page. They of course, immediately deleted and have blocked all posts to their page.

They are a rip-off and if you're interested in joining in on a class action suit, contact me on Facebook. I'm easy to locate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DealDash-Inc/New-York-New-York-10036/DealDash-Inc-DealDashcom-is-the-definition-of-Rip-Off-New-York-New-York-978125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DealDash Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Join in

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

Ok just a Mom join us gladly please E-mail me at ginamaxe@yahoo.com or go On Facebook and look up dealdashdummies, We want to stop everyones Christmas from being ruined.

I will join you

AUTHOR: justamom - (United States of America)

I bought a bid pack for $36, placed about 4 bids then logged off. When I returned a few days later I found that I had no bids left. This was Nov. 29, 2012. So I sent them a message that said I would be contacted in 48 hours. Well it is Dec. 8th and I still have not heard back. I believe they stole the bids from me. I have my bank statement that says I bought the bids and the account that actually says I have not only placed no bids but that I have none available. Maybe I just don't know how the system works but I feel like they just took my money and ran.

#3 General Comment

One last thing

AUTHOR: Jheckman - (United States of America)

1. Dealdash is a business in a long line of scams involving bid auctions and/or penny auctions.

2. They hire employees to .... drive bid prices up, start bid wars, reset the auction counter by placing bids at the last second, etc

3. Rarely are they goign to fix any problems you might have because they already have your money and good luck collecting it back unless you file a chargeback or if you paid with paypal you can argue with them about it.

And i didn't say you couldn't sue them i said you MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO SUCCEED AT IT!

Sry for the caps just wanted to make my point loud and clear a second time!

#4 General Comment

Sigh

AUTHOR: Jheckman - (United States of America)

I'm not really in  the mood for a flame war..

1. i am not studying law and i don't understand what that has to do with my original comment.
2. it is always the buyers fault partially because most people don't do any real research on a company beyond looking for the policies and stuff.
3. The biggest mistake you made was buying several items at once in a large order(You would have been much safer just buying one item and then seeing how it turns out, then buying more after you have had time to receive the merchandise.)
4. Believe it or not but i am not trying to make you feel bad or say it is 100 percent your fault because it's not, but you do carry at least 40 percent of the blame for being gullible in taking the word of Facebook friends and leaving ti at that. Are you aware that there are millions of fake Facebook accounts.... Here is a news article on it   http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/02/tech/social-media/facebook-fake-accounts/index.html

Not to sound condescending but you kind of brought this on yourself for not doing any lengthy research, whenever i buy anything i research the company down to what the CEO ate for breakfast (Just kidding)

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Take no offence

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

It was not an accusation it was a question, as well I dont know you so why would you take offence,why would I not question you  when you make a statement blaming the victim as well tell victims that they do not have a court case. now this is not an accusation but a question" are you studying law" could this be what you base your opinions on? If you have no experiences with deal dash then why are you posting comments about what obviously lots of people are going through? Paranoid I think not. Just learned to question all.

#6 General Comment

AUTHOR: Jheckman - (United States of America)

You do realise how paranoid that sounds don't you?
If you must know i am a college student who frequently shops online, i learned from my early years how to avoid getting screwed over.

I won't take your question personally but i will tell you i consider it offensive to be accused of something with nothing but a paranoid delusion as evidence, no offense!

Thanks for the advise

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

Thank you for the advise however I learned a very expensive lesson, I get that I was not unguilty of checking out the site although I did read the terms of service and found many holes now related to my case I have no concerns of suing and winning provided I have the numbers, we all know where the power lies and that is with the majority which I will never quit pursuing. They are robbing people every day and must be stopped!!! I believe in justice and karma it will all come full circle. By the way are you by chance a deal dash employee trying to scare potential claimants?

#8 Consumer Suggestion

How to buy online in the future.

AUTHOR: Jh - (United States of America)

There are so many iffy holes in this story that i am having trouble believing it, however for the sake of fairness i will offer up some important tips when shopping online.

1. Always make sure the company in question has at least three methods of contact. Email, telephone and snail mail!

2. Never trust what friends may say on Facebook as the comments of high praise may have been put there by an application.

3. Always know and understand the terms of use and shopping policy before you place a bid or make a purchase.

4. And finally do a fair amount of research on the ratings and buyer comments regarding an online store.

The fact that you did not do any solid research, neglected to check for forms of contact before making a purchase, check the terms of use... makes any potential lawsuit difficult to pull off. Very few people are going to be sympathetic toward someone who just buys an item offline from a random seller without doing there homework, it makes for poor management. No offense!

#9 Consumer Suggestion

CLASS ACTION

AUTHOR: Gina - (United States of America)

I too have had the same experience, thank god for Pay Pal the give you 45 days to dispute and esculate claims. They have revoked all money from deal dash as well refunded some money in just 1 day and sound hopeful that all money on bids and auction items will be returned. But I would love to go class action on these crooks! you can reach me at ginamaxe@yahoo.com