Complaint Review: DealDash

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lynn — Edmond Oklahoma United States of America
DealDash

DealDash DaLPAY.IS + 187786 What a rip-off - Saw commercial on television and it sounded like a good opportunity - What a sham... Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DealDash Offers 100% Legitimate Auctions

I was suckered in by a TV commercial for DealDash.com, what a scam they have going.

I bought two different packets in order to bid on different merchandise, $36.00 & $84.00 dollars worth.  I realized that by the time I got to "no more bidders" that they were using the same names over and over like clock work.

I wrote the individual names down that were bidding against me, 15 all together. I stopped bidding for a while and noticed that the names were going in order and I followed that sequence FIVE straight times.  Just like clock work.

They programed it to just raise the bid HIGHER!  My bids were going down fast. I got out of the program, went on line and found out that other people have had trouble with them too.  WISH I had checked Ripoff Report first before jumping into the game.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DealDash/internet/DealDash-DaLPAYIS-187786-What-a-rip-off-Saw-commercial-on-television-and-it-sounded-l-998304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DealDash

DealDash Offers 100% Legitimate Auctions

AUTHOR: DealDash_Adam - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the site. DealDash provides service to over 1.5 million customers, and is the longest running auction site of its kind in the United States.

I understand that you're concerned about the sequential bidding you describe. What you're actually seeing are BidBuddies being used by other users. I'm not sure if you're aware of this feature, but BidBuddies are tools available on our site that place bids for users automatically. All you have to do is set up your BidBuddy with the number of bids you want it to use, and the BidBuddy will place them just before the auction ends. Not only does this guarantee your bids get accepted at the last second, but it also gives bidders the freedom to leave the computer while continuing to participate in the auctions. When more than one user has a BidBuddy in the same auction, the BidBuddies take turns in sequence, just as you describe. You can find this information on our FAQ page:

If several bidders have bids on their BidBuddies, theyll take turns placing bids until the bids from all but one BidBuddy run out.

I recommend you have a look through the FAQ and other materials on our website to find out more information about this and the other features available. You can also send a message to our customer support staff, who are available around the clock to help customers and are currently able to respond to all customer e-mails within 48 hours.