Complaint Review: DealMax - Vertrue, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:woodland hills California
DealMax - Vertrue, Inc.
www.mydealmax.com Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

DealMax - Vertrue, Inc. Unauthorized charges on my mastercard/debit Omaha nebraska

*Author of original report: additional comments

Dealmax got a hold of my credit card number through Vitacost.com. I told them that I never signed up for anything and they told me that I should have know because the charges appearred on my bank statement.At first the customer service agent told me that they could not find me in their system when I gave my information, but then I started giving that person the #s on the bank debit line and they found me.

I think that they were playing dumb so that the charges would go on. They were difficult to deal with and at first level of customer service wanted to only give me back 1 charge of $19.95 back. At the 2nd level they said that they wouldn't do anything more because in so many words 'it was my fault'. I told them that I was going to report them to the BBB and the customer svc manager said 'well Ok then one more charge returned'.

I had originally thought that there were 3 charges of $19.95 and they didn't tell me otherwise. It took me a while just to find out who they were and who gave them my credit card #. They finally spilled the beans that it was Vitacost.com. They also only gave first names. Later on I found that they had actually charged me 5 times. I did a seach for their name on Washington mutual's website to find this. I also talked to Vitacost and they basically said 'it's your fault' also.

Chris ****
woodland hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DealMax-Vertrue-Inc/Omaha-Nebraska/DealMax-Vertrue-Inc-Unauthorized-charges-on-my-mastercarddebit-Omaha-nebraska-385046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DealMax - Vertrue, Inc.

additional comments

AUTHOR: Chris anderson - (U.S.A.)

Another thing to mention is that I don't think that I actually ever received anything from DealMax such as coupon books or anything like that.