Complaint Review: Dealer.com

• Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: WorkerDrone — Burlington Vermont United States of America
Dealer.com
1 Howard Street Burlington, Vermont United States of America

Dealer.com Dealer Dot Com Cult-like creation of a narcissistic and greedy man Burlington, Vermont

*General Comment: My spouse works there

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dealer.com (and I) cares a lot more than you think

This is a mean place to work.  Salaried workers are subject to endless hours of overtime and are not rewarded for it.  Managers displace blame upon workers and fire them.  The company is demographically skewed.  They have a tennis court because the CEO likes tennis.  They have an overpriced organic cafe because the CEO wants to eat organic food.  They do not have things that are actually useful to employees because the CEO couldn't give a flying crap about employees.  You either suck up to what he likes, or you're out.

Most of upper management has been chosen on the whim of the CEO and are unqualified to hold the positions they hold.  Middle management is pathetically concerned with covering their collective butts at the expense of everyone else.

The company sucks money from the  government for its facilities and then turns around and starts a campaign to not be taxed on its web services.  Think of an endless attitude of "Give me, give me, give me" but no thanks in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2012 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dealercom/Burlington-Vermont-/Dealercom-Dealer-Dot-Com-Cult-like-creation-of-a-narcissistic-and-greedy-man-Burlington-868883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dealer.com

#1 General Comment

My spouse works there

AUTHOR: Calvinhobbs - ()

Wow Mark you certainly know how to talk your self up. But anyone who works for your company or has a spouse that does knows that you are the same guy who decided he would post pictures of his naked butt on a Facebook that the entire company can see, then defends this action by saying you worked hard on that body so you can show it to whoever you want. I'm sorry sir but no matter how hard you worked that is still inappropriate and considered sexual harrassment. Or how about your constant outbursts at employees for wearing the wrong shoes on your precious new tennis court? Also unprofessional. You run ddc like you own little playground. But alas we won't have to stress long, as soon as one your employees kills someone driving home after having too much to drink at work because of your company encouraged beer Fridays, your precious little playground will crumble. You sir are not above the law.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dealer.com (and I) cares a lot more than you think

AUTHOR: Mark Bonfigli - (United States of America)

Ok, so I think a friendly and accurate response is warranted.

I imagine if we didn't care we wouldn't take the time to respond to this kind (or any other kind) of post that attempts to tarnish the reputation of Dealer.com. While it would be easy to reference the well over 600 extremely happy earthlings (AKA employees) or a long list of "best places to work" awards or accolades or links to all of the articles and videos hyping those amazing feats I think it would be more important to understand that most of all that we are a company based on nothing but creating a family and a place where people can grow and become happier, healthier while enjoying a great career in technology. This all happening at a local world class, best of breed company, competing in one of the largest industries on the planet.

We have been driven to do this for roughly 14 years now and we have never let up. We have invested more time,energy and money into our staff members than just about any company we have heard about in the country let alone the state of VT. We not only invest in all things health related but we invest significantly in professional training and the bettering of our teams families too. Our benefits package is one of the most aggressive and robust of any company around and our employees do in fact enjoy gourmet food that we have sold at a large loss (to the tune of hundreds of thousands) so that our people can eat great healthy, local farm fresh food at a fraction of what it usually costs. As a matter of fact it is not possible to buy this food cheaper as it would put a restaurant out of business selling for a loss! Additionally we offer over 25 sports teams, indoor basketball,indoor ping pong, indoor aerobics, massage, karate, weight training, educational classes, foreign language classes, guitar lessons, group hiking events, biking, ski pass subsidizing, discounts to over 100 local businesses, and yes indoor tennis! The list of benefits goes on and on and for some they may not be a good fit but I have never expected people to like what I like, I simply wanted to share some of these passions that I think can add value and vitality to others lives.

As a former state champion tennis player and younger brother of 4 other former VT high-school/college players it was always a dream of my oldest brother and mine to create a place were people could learn the joys of tennis. My brother Dan passed away from a battle with cancer just days before the final lines were painted for the court that we dedicated in his name but the dream still lives on and many Dealer.com employees have taken up tennis through our free tennis lessons taught by one of the best men's open players in all of New England (Erol Natrass)

And yes I like local farm fresh food because its better for our local economy, the environment and better for our bodies but there is no requirement to eat the food at work its just offered as a benefit and savings to our people. As I stated it has never been a requirement to like these things, they just happen to be free benefits to our people. If other companies have better benefits and a better workplace I would say work for them! I have yet to see a workplace in New England that even comes close.  ;)

Whats amazing is that we have hired over 400 people in the past couple years in VT and most have been local Vermonters and most of them are earning more dollars with much better benefits than their previous jobs. Overtime is rewarded and bonuses have been paid out to our people at times when no companies would not consider it. These are the facts. Also, I have yet to see people suck up to what I like nor would that be considered a good thing. Pet peeve #1!!!!  ;)

Next month we hope to celebrate our grand opening of our new Dot Calm Cafe Store which will offer discounted foods and goods  to help our staff save on their must have healthy grocery purchases. This added convenience again is a not for profit venture that is purely added as a benefit to our people.

As for sucking money from the Govt I am not sure I fully understand the comment as we generate millions in tax revenue for the state and have chosen VT and Burlington over other cities that were willing to give us money to move to their respective locations. We chose Burlington out of our love for the state and our belief that the work ethic of Vermonters is often superior to other states. We can all be very proud of the company that has been created by all of these wonderful people.  A company that has taken its successes and invested vigorously into its people year after year since the beginning. We will not let up, we will continue building what we believe is the #1 workplace in American and the #1 internet marketing solution for auto dealers worldwide! We will not be slowed by critics or people that want us to be like every other company! We have tons of fun and we are very proud of what we are building together.

And yes we are hiring!!  :)

Sincerely,

Mark Bonfigli
Founder, CEO
Dealer.com
Mark@dealer.com

ps-sorry for any typos, on iphone on side of Highway.