Complaint Review: Dealers Warranty

• Submitted: Wed, April 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 12, 2009

• Reported By:Los Gatos California
Dealers Warranty
745 Friedens Saint Charles, Missouri U.S.A.

Dealers Warranty - LLC of Warranty Finance is a scam and rip off Saint Charles Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Monster Warranty Direct VSC Joe Montes Missouri CallCenter out of garage.

*Consumer Suggestion: The Solution

*Consumer Suggestion: Do the numbers!

*Consumer Comment: ***BEWARE***Dealers Warranty LLC is not using another alis...(www.getmogi.com)

*Author of original report: Dealers Warranty, LLC Dealers Warranty, LLC of Warranty Finance, LLC is a scam and rip off Saint Charles, MO 63303Saint Charles Missouri

On April 09, 2009, I received call from Dealers Warranty LLC offering the Vehicle warranty for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the mileage of over 164,000. I told him that my vehicle has high mileage and before signed up I would like to see the terms and condition of the contract. The salesperson assured me that my vehicle insurable and terms and conditions will be sent by mail and if I don't like it I can cancel at any time without any problem. So, I paid deposit of $185 and waited for my terms and conditions to show up.

When terms and conditions arrived I've read it carefully and did not agree with them because they are deceiving and not at all what sales person told me what it should be. I called them immediately and told them that I received terms and conditions and I don't agree to them. I told them that I want my money back because I do not agree to the terms and conditions. The cancelation department person told me that it's to bad that I don't like the terms and conditions because I agree to them by paying by credit card and that means that I am bound by them and if I want to cancel I have to pay 10% of the contract value which is $274.10 in order to cancel and if I will not pay they will put me in collections and sue me. The cancelation department person told me, this is how they make their money of people like me and if I would be smart I would not signed up in the first place. I was devastated by such a rip off. I'm a single mom, strugling financially and loosing $185.00 is a big deal for me...I don't know what else to do. Please help me.

Vasly
Los Gatos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2009 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dealers-Warranty/Saint-Charles-Missouri-63303/Dealers-Warranty-LLC-of-Warranty-Finance-is-a-scam-and-rip-off-Saint-Charles-Missouri-447447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dealers Warranty

Monster Warranty Direct VSC Joe Montes Missouri CallCenter out of garage.

AUTHOR: Vandi Kalsi - (U.S.A.)

Report: Monster Warranty/ Joe Montes/Direct VSC/ Vehicle Service Group!
Category: Auto Warranty

Monster Warranty/ Joe Montes/Direct VSC/ Vehicle Service Group! Scam Artist Sells Fake polices. CHanges web pages daily. Sells Paper no policies. Type in Joe MOntes Missouri Saint Peters Missouri

Rebuttal Box

What's This?
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Victim of this person/company?

What's This?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!

Monster Warranty/ Joe Montes/Direct VSC/ Vehicle Service Group!
Phone: 636-352-0350

Houston, Texas

Ripoff Report Verified Safe
Report: Vehicle Services Group
Category: Attorney Generals

Vehicle Services Group SCAMMER IS BACK AGAIN!!!! Joe Montes Direct VSC Premier VSC Joe Montes SCAMMER IS BACK AGAIN!!!! Direct VSC Premier VSC New Website is vehicleservicesgroup.com St Peters Missouri
*UPDATE ..what is your name. 'president' ? INSURANCE FRAUD: vehicleservicesgroup.com

Rebuttal Box

What's This?
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide 'insider information' on this company?

Vehicle Services Group

Modified: 2/6/2009 9:17:24 PM
The snich
Newark, New Jersey

Ripoff Report Verified Safe
SCAMMER IS BACK AGAIN!!!! Joe Montes Direct VSC Premier VSC has habitually cheated individuals out of money. This guy and his small group of IT guys is at it AGAIN! After the bad propaganda about his previous THREE websites...he simply goes to work and changes up his web address portraying himself to be another company. BUYER BEWARE: if any company is changing websites often, THERE IS A SEROUS PROBLEM! these companies set up to do a quick ' hit and run' on business associates and consumers and then disappear......re-appearing as new companies and READY TO PREY ON NEW UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU!
I would STRONGLY suggest ANYONE doing business with this man BE VER CAREFUL! he has also made the list to be under investigation from the State of Missouri for FRAUD.

Corporate Spy
Newark, New Jersey
Here are some other Callcenters he is associated with.

AARON r
Houston, Texas

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The Solution

AUTHOR: Warranty-bureau - (U.S.A.)

Go to www.WarrantyBureau.com all of the details are there. This company has been Black Listed.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Do the numbers!

AUTHOR: Rippedoff - (U.S.A.)

This is so typical. Single mom, struggling to make it financially, driving an older car, probably just got a huge repair bill. You're just the demographic these so-called "extended warranty companies" fleece. Who says you can't squeeze blood from a turnip?

The thing to remember about these warranties is that you NEVER get something for nothing! Even the "good" warranty companies (if there are any) have it slanted so that you're almost guaranteed to pay far more in premiums than the value of any repair you might get reimbursement on.

And most of these companies are bad! They spend most of their time and effort (as you discovered) figuring out how NOT to have to pay you--whether it's for repairs or refunds.

Furthermore, you're talking a 10 year old vehicle. No legitimate extended warranty company would even TOUCH such a vehicle, because regular repairs are GUARANTEED, and the car is only worth around $6000. I'm willing to bet Dealer's Warranty offered you coverage for more than $150 a month. Let's say your next three repairs happen in the next 24 months and are around $800 apiece, and let's say Dealer's Warranty actually ponies up the money (doubtful). You've still paid $3600 in coverage to get $2400 in benefits.

Okay, let's say you're insuring against that biggie they are always advertising--the dreaded engine or transmission replacement. First of all, the $3500 Dealer's Warranty is quoting in its ads for a new engine or transmission is for a brand new replacement. But you wouldn't really put a brand new engine or transmission into a vehicle with 164,000 miles on the clock, would you? No! And neither would Dealer's Warranty! They'll give you a junkyard engine or transmission and save themselves around $1500. Okay, it's still costing $2000 to put in the new tranny or engine. Let's say that's one of your three repairs in the next two years, making your repair cost $2000 + 800 + 800 = $3600. You've still only just covered your premiums (not including the interest you could have earned on that money if you'd just put it into the bank, instead).

Alright, let's say you need a new engine AND a new transmission in the next two years. First, do you really think Dealer's Warranty is going to put your vehicle, which is nearing the end of its useful life, on indefinite life support for the next two years for just $150 a month? You are expecting them to pony up $4000 over the next two years (and let's just throw in that extra $800 repair just to make things consistent--$4800 total including two worst-case scenarios). In two years your vehicle may only be worth $4000. It would be cheaper for them to just declare your vehicle "totalled" and send you a check for the wholesale value, leaving you without a car.

Even with the age and drivetrain complexity of your vehicle, the chances of your having two big problems like this together are relatively small. So you're putting $3600 on the table and rolling dice hoping to turn it into--what? A big, $5000 payoff? (The most you could EVER see would be $5000 even if Dealer's Warranty pays off like it should--highly unlikely.) From a company you've never heard of before? Who won't let you read the contract before you agree to it? In an industry notorious for consumer rip-offs?

The hard truth is that nobody's going to be your sugar-daddy and pay for your vehicle to keep running no matter what happens. And NOBODY offers a FAIR extended warranty or extended service contract on a vehicle that's older than, say, 5 years old. Why? The repairs are too predictable! In order to make money at insurance (a warranty is just an insurance contract) you need to insure against events that aren't predictable for an individual insured.

What to do? I would take that $150 and put it in the bank. If you don't have the discipline to do that every month, have the bank or your employer take it out for you. Put it in something safe like a money market or savings account. Cross your fingers that something won't go wrong for the next few months. (Either way it's a gamble.) Then, when you have your next big repair bill have your mechanic look your car over from end to end--pretend you're going to buy it from someone else--and tell you what s/he thinks is going to go wrong in the next year or so. If the mechanic says you're going to have $3000 in repairs then use what little time you have left to unload that Cherokee. Use the money you've saved up to get something AFFORDABLE and RELIABLE like a used Toyota Echo. You can easily fit 2 kids into an Echo, and I guarantee it won't cost you as much to maintain as a Grand Cherokee of a similar age and miles.

Thanks for posting. I hope your experience is a lesson to all, not just about Dealer's Warranty, but about extended auto warranties in general.

***BEWARE***Dealers Warranty LLC is not using another alis...(www.getmogi.com)

AUTHOR: Andrew - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let you know...I fell victim to Dealers Warranty LLC scam, when I thought I was dealing with a new company with a squeaky clean reputation, until my Vehicle Service Contract arrived today...

It's all written by Warranty America, LLC
WA Administrative Services, LLC
Mogi
www.getmogi.com

Immediately I knew I've been had. I have already issued a chargeback on my credit card, so they don't get my deposit.

The warranty is bogus and written in a way that really is NOT a true "Bumper to Bumper" warranty

RUN PEOPLE RUN!!!

AUTHOR: Vasly - (U.S.A.)

The Original Ripoff Report Title:

The Original Ripoff Report Text:
On April 09, 2009, I received call from Dealers Warranty LLC offering the Vehicle warranty for my 1999 Jeep with the mileage of over 160,000. I told him that my vehicle has high mileage and before signed up I would like to see the terms and condition of the contract. The salesperson assured me that my vehicle insurable and terms and conditions will be sent by mail and if I don't like it I can cancel at any time without any problem. So, I paid deposit of $185 and waited for my terms and conditions to show up. When terms and conditions arrived I've read it carefully and did not agree with them because they are deceiving and not at all what sales person told me what it should be. I called them immediately and told them that I received terms and conditions and I don't agree to them. I told them that I want my money back because I do not agree to the terms and conditions. The cancelation department person told me that it's to bad that I don't like the terms and conditions because I agree to them by paying by credit card and that means that I am bound by them and if I want to cancel I have to pay 10% of the contract value which is $270 in order to cancel and if I will not pay they will put me in collections and sue me. The cancelation department person told me, this is how they make their money of people like me and if I would be smart I would not signed up in the first place. I was devastated by such a rip off. I'm a single mom, strugling financially and loosing $180.00+ is a big deal for me...I don't know what else to do. Please help me. Vasly Los Gatos, California